Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Brisvegas in the Land of OZ

Epoc

Country Flag
australia
Due to my sons addiction I'm now the proud owner of a 1990 VX Sahara. Haven't owned a 4by since the 1990's. Been muckin round in boats while kids were with us (see pic). Now my lads into 4wding, I got the bug. He found me this baby. 280K klms, 1HDT tuned running a nice safe 15psi, top mount HPD, 3" stainless zaust, 2" ARCHM lift on 33" Allied Thunders.

Car has had a lot of work on it as the guy I bought it from was building it to tow a van around OZ. Totally rebuilt and beefed auto and trans ($6000 receipt!!), rebuilt turbo with garret internals, rebuilt injector pump, new radiator, new batteries, new alternator, the list goes on.....

Felt a tad sorry for the seller, must of put a motsa into it and ended up going in a different direction. Got it for what I think is a great buy at $13K. Drives fantastic. No leaks, yep that's right, I can park it on my fancy driveway no probs. Paints shit though, hahaha.

Since I bought it I've changed fluids and filters, fitted the rack, awning, lightbar (yet to wire it up) draws, catchcan, air compressor, Redarc controller and Anderson plug.

I tend to go the whole nine yards with my "hobbies" that my meager income allows, so I look forward to learning shiploads about these big rigs from you guru's. 80's seem to have a bit of a cult following and that's right up my alley.

Cheers and thanks for sticking with me til the end lol.
Epoc

IMG_1039.JPG IMG_6130.JPG

Hi Epoc and Welcome to this most friendly forum. You’ve certainly come to the right place for help and advice and got yourself a great truck by the sound of it. The two tone paint has never been my favourite TBH and many of the cruisers have suffered from lacquer peel by now but a respray or partial respray will of course sort that if that’s the way you want to go. Doesn’t look too bad in the pic.
Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes
Rich

Thanks heaps Rich,

I wasn't keen on the paint but it's kind of growing on me. Saying that I might respray it one day and if I did I think it might become all grey :)

Hi Epic look forward to meeting you on the tracks sometime soon I'm from Ipswich. Sounds like you have a great ride there mate and I think we all go a little overboard at times lol

Hi Epic look forward to meeting you on the tracks sometime soon I'm from Ipswich. Sounds like you have a great ride there mate and I think we all go a little overboard at times lol
Hey Chris,

Thanks mate. I have a sneaking suspicion we might actually meet one day. I'm from the Switch as well, Flinders View to be exact :)

welcome epoc.

nice clean looking 80.
I have the k model gsxr in the red and black.

Nice boat too. Enjoy the forum mate.

karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
welcome epoc.

nice clean looking 80.
I have the k model gsxr in the red and black.

Nice boat too. Enjoy the forum mate.

karl
Thanks Karl,

Boats gone unfortunately. 70-80 litres per hour will do that to a guy.

Love me Gixxer. Starting to be worth some coin the old girls now.

thats great mate have you been out to swanbank at all, its only a very small track no mud usually, but a few tight tracks with a nice uphill rocky rutted track on the way back out, only takes half hour to do the loop, but when your pressed for time its a great way to get a quick fix :)

thats great mate have you been out to swanbank at all, its only a very small track no mud usually, but a few tight tracks with a nice uphill rocky rutted track on the way back out, only takes half hour to do the loop, but when your pressed for time its a great way to get a quick fix :)

Yeah mate, been out there with my lad a few times as well the odd trip out to Ripley.

Yeah mate, been out there with my lad a few times as well the odd trip out to Ripley.
hey mate if you want someone to tag along let me know I work shift work but if I'm free it would be great to tag along

Welcome aboard Epoc, i think “cult” is the only term that justifies our passion for these 80s... love ‘em...

Looking forward to more photos and your summer is coming... :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back