Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Frostproof, Florida

Patrick Eckert

Country Flag
united_states
Hi all, I used to have a 70 FJ40 years ago and loved it and handed it down to my son. Now my son has given me a project 76' FJ40. We live in central Florida and when I finish this project it will not go into the boonies, just going to be a show 4x4 and a fun vehicle to drive. It has a lot of needed body work, engine works and needs some TLC, but it can come back. I am finding it a problem when looking for parts like hoses, gaskets, and the like for my air cleaner, that can't be found on line, or auto parts stores. I know there are parts out there that can be used, but where to look. Most major auto part (specter, and others ) have most all of the after market parts and used, but when hoses that deteriorate from age and other items are hard to find. It is just knowing where to look. I know as this project proceeds, I will find other items that will come into the same problems but will have to cross that bridge when it comes. I have a 58' Chevy Apache with original NAPCO front end and finished that with the help of a NAPCO forum. My problem on that was finding front NAPCO seals, and they found a junk yard in California that sold the sets so these forums do work. Well hope I can get so good info for reviving this old 76' FJ40. Pat Eckert

Welcome pat, sounds like an gauging project you have for yourself there.
When you can, 15 posts or so, some photo's of the build and vehicle would be most welcome.
For locating parts forums can be a great thing, have you looked at IH8MUD forums yet?
I believe it's a US based forum so more local to you than this one.

Hi Pat, great intro and good to have a bit of background. Sounds like you have a great project there. Also looking forward to seeing photos, you can try uploading them now as some folks seem to be able to after their first post, otherwise you need 15 posts before the forum accepts photos. I do love the 40s and it would be great to see yours plus photos through the restoration process.

Good to have you aboard.

Richard

Howdy Pat, sounds a fun but challenging project you got there. Hope you find more leads here for parts.

Hope I can get the pics through DSC00324.JPGDSC00331.JPGDSC00328.JPG

Welcome Pat, great intro, great truck, great project :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back