Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hi from Sunny Suffolk. 80 Series 4.2 Manual

John, it was lovely to meet you both. I'll thank you not to dwell on my injuries thank you. I am almost walking unaided now.

Well you are in the right place now that's for sure. Get to Lincomb or we'll terminate you membership. It's the law.

All you have to do it turn up. A Landcruiser guarantees entry. Quite a haul from Suffolk.

We typically have two gatherings per year. Spring and Autumn. It's set in a beautiful location by the Severn. However this time, our host TonyS is crossing the Simpson desert (selfish b'stard') has basically left the keys under a flower pot and said help yourselves. We usually have all sorts of team games and stuff in the woods and some mud bashing. Usually there is a punch challenge too but I rather think that this may be more of a meet and drink (get it meat and drink, no? Oh well) where we swap parts, sit round the fire, tell tall tales, show off kit and go in the woods and watch people do stupid things in Cruisers. You can go round the more simple sections without smashing your truck to bits. Mine will be firmly planted and not going up 'that' hill for sure. It's a great weekend with nice people and we'd love you to join us.

Chris

Well, Chris,
It's taking a while, but kitted out inside now; Rear Bulkhead & Racked, Dual Leisure Charging, Inverter etc.. Minus 40 Fridge/Freezer. Outside; King Springs, Koni Raid Shocks, 35" BFG ATs on Steels. Lots & Lots still to do.... Not done the bumpers or under body protection yet, along with many other plans, which is entirely your fault.!!! But I'm getting there...... slowly.!!
20160630_073624.jpg

Hi guys,
Updated roof tent/annex, but still want to fit a 270 awning (Ostrich wing). Has anyone been able to find a way to keep the roof tent coming off the back and just use the 270 awning as a 180 degree! awning when the tent is up and
J80 Roof TentAnnex.jpg
obviously still able to fully extend the awning when the tent is not being used?

Hi I guess you could make some kind of connection between the last two roof bars to hold it plus something to hook the last one to the tent base but you’d need a wire/string/bungee to hold the roof material up in the air or folded over somehow to stop it dropping down and rain pouring off. Velcro maybe?

Or just buy a straight pull out awning and put it on some sliders to the rear-but then you wouldn’t have the 270.

We have our HM over the side which eliminates the problem. A zipped panel communicates into the back of the truck through one of the Gullwing doors. Works very well. So far.

We have our HM over the side which eliminates the problem. A zipped panel communicates into the back of the truck through one of the Gullwing doors. Works very well. So far.[/QUOTE]

Thamks for you input.. Food for thought.
The gullwing doors are definitely a good idea for access, unfortunately, not something I have and why I need the rear setup. I even looked at incorporating the rear side door in the annex, but the roof tent has to be too far forward to do it!

I have my roof tent going off to the side, the driver side. And the 270 deploys fine with it (as it should). Recently I also got a smaller single side ARB awning that opens up over the tail towards the back. And I have a front wall for this awning.

Now I can deploy the tent on its own and it's annex, and still get either the 270 or the single side awning out. The single side out towards the back is literally the easiest and quickest thing to get going. Literally.

The other option you have is to get the direct4x4 180 Deg awning. That opens up to 4m along the side of the truck and comes with sides. Then with your roof tent up and this 180 deployed, you will get an entire side (4m!) And the additional cover under the tent.

I went with the separate awning since I don't always want to open the tent to get cover at the back and the 270 has a narrow use opportunity.

Realise that this does not answer your specific question, but just another perspective

Hi I guess you could make some kind of connection between the last two roof.
.......................................... rear-but then you wouldn’t have the 270.

We have our HM over the side which eliminates the problem. A zipped panel communicates into the back of the truck through one of the Gullwing doors. Works very well. So far.

Hi Starcruiser,
Been thinking about the gullwing option for the truck recently and remember you mentioned yours. Can I ask who makes them?....... any ones to avoid!
Are you going to the September Overland Show?
Cheers
Bodie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Bodie,

These are the ones I make.
PM me for pricing as everything’s gone up since 2015 but I am in the process of making another batch so not should be available within a couple of months if not sooner.
Rich

Back