Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hilux camper

Hope they've strengthened the whole structure, given they've cut into the main cab! Chassis flex would worry me, having seen how much demountables move relative to the cab. They have shoehorned a lot into the footprint though!

For somebody with a lot of money then I suppose that it is very appealing with the snazzy paint work. But for those of us lower down the food chain, not wanting to appear jealous or envious, "how practical is it"?
That body could be built on to many different vehicles, Transit Camper Van, Citroen/Peugeot vans etc which do make up some very nice camper vans. But on the back of a rugged off road truck like a Hi-Lux? Personally I think that if you were to put that Toyota through its paces, that van body, with its contents, would fall apart.
Nice camper, good truck, but fastened together.... ? No. Mr St Pierre White would rip it apart.

1651435539694.png

It just makes more sense .

Combine this idea

With this idea

1651482009386.png

and you could have three double beds on the back of an unmodified double cab .

A hardtop version of this is what i envision to be the proverbial Tardis .

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
While i love the idea of a camper project reality bites because i know for me personally the only justification for me keeping the 80 is the extra seats for family outings , my swb black beast did all i need and more . If i was determined to have one and convinced i'd make use of it like as not i'd buy a campervan and put mud tyres on it before i bought a pickup truck .

TBH my 4x4 Sprinter does most stuff a demountable or similar does - think "bad road", rather than true off-road.

Back