Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ47 & FJ45 Engine options

bigizzman

Country Flag
scotland
I copied this from an earlier post

"" It's not all bad, my 40 series collection has grown to a spare FJ45 chassis, a sad FJ45 & now a HJ47...WTF!
Sorry no pics at the moment...they will start when both of them arrive up next week (HOPEFULLY!!)

First job is to sort out a new garage or extend my old one I have promised myself I am going to do this in a dry & hopefully warm workshop or at the very least build a tall carport with enclosed sides.

I have been struggling where to start this project?
Fj45 is a basket case, it will be stripped & all possible parts salvaged
Spare chassis will be stripped, repaired as required & maybe galvanised? it will act as the base for the FJ45 rebuild, this will be a true nuts & bolts rebuild
HJ47 has an MOT so I will get it taxed & run it about as long as I can until I put an LS400 V8 into it..... Wish list stuff, although I do have the bits!
I will be using the 2H engine out of the HJ in the FJ at a later date.

As for timescales anything below five years will be a bonus & as for budget I would be daft to think it is going to cost less than £30K by the time I get the FJ knocked into shape as an overland truck.
If anyone has pointers as to where to source parts close to home it would be much appreciated""

Latest update Trucks should be arriving on Tuesday:happy-jumpyellow::romance-smileyhear:

Has anyone put a 1UZ FE into a 45? or can anyone tell me the pitfalls?

Last edited:
Cheers m8ty

so it can be done.....mmm looks like a plan then.....Dooh!

Back