Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HJ60 for sale but not mine

Malcee

I put my HJ60 in for its MOT yesterday knowing it would fail but I needed to know what it would fail on, I was concerned that I would need some welding done on the chassis as I had an advisory last year and when I crawled under it last week to replace the hand brake cable the chassis looked worse than I thought.
I started to panic thinking the old girl might need major surgery or have to go to the big breakers in the sky.
My first stop in my state of panic was eBay, nothing, oh my God I thought, I'd better start looking round for an alternative 4x4, looked on Gumtree, Craigslist, nothing, went back to EBay and low and behold a HJ60 had just been posted. The truck had a sound chassis but crap body and was in London, sweet I thought, change the body and we are good to go.

Got the call from the garage with the words I had been dreading "Hi Malcolm it's Tim, sorry to tell you the truck has failed"
"don't tell me, it was the chassis" I said
"No, we couldn't find any welding that needed doing at all, but your brakes are shot and you have a crack in your exhaust manifold"

I was so relived that my chassis was still good.
The bottom line is £500 to fit a new manifold and rebuild the breakers. Not a bad price to pay for another years trouble free motoring.

So if your looking for a HJ60 which sounds like It would make a great project get on EBay

http://bit.ly/17SSCwZ

Back