Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

House wrecked in inflatable fix fiasco

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
A German chap who attempted fix a leaking inflatable mattress with "industrial strength" puncture repair spray prompted an industrial strength blast which caused €150,000 (£129,000; $200,600) worth of damage to his rented gaff.
The unnamed 41-year-old had just moved into a house in Diepholz in Lower Saxony and, being a bit short in the furniture department, bought a self-inflating mattress with electric pump.

According to The Local, he attacked the leaky bed with aerosol tyre sealant, and was rewarded with a "violent explosion" which "threw him across the room, ripped doors off their hinges and smashed windows".
Cue an ambulance, and hospital treatment for "minor cuts" and an injured wrist. A police spokesman said the victim was fortunate to have escaped a very long lie down, although he may face charges relating to blowing up property.
Experts reckon heat from the pump ignited the spray's gas. ®

So how long till inflatable mattresses get banned from aircraft cabins?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

You can take an inflatable mattress in an aircraft cabin? :shock:

Do they charge extra ? can i take an inflatable doll on the plane so i don't have to wedge myself in against someone who really should have booked 2 seats !

Back