Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How can one remover the cassette/Radio player from 100

kamalsrana

Garage
Country Flag
kenya
Hi, any one know how I can get this off, I have just got a multimedia system, which needs to go into the space.

Can it be removed without cracking the dashboard?

Cheers

If you have the old style dash like me then it's easy but the ones with touch screen integrated controls are a bit of a none starter. The dash just pulls out, disconnect the connectors on the back and the stereo mounting is exposed. Undo the 4 screws that hold the stereo cage in place and pull it out, disconnect the old stereo. You'll probably need an converter for the wiring which places like Halfrauds do for £10 or so and then the new one should be pretty much plug and play. Check the antenna still gets power and works how you want before you put it all back together as there's usually a couple of different options for how that's powered. Goes back together even easier than it comes apart.

If you have a blanking plate in the lower left of the dash then it's easy to pop that out then you can get a few finger in the hole and pull the dash out from there.

Hi mate,

Its a 1998 model, so must be the old one as among the first off the line as the 100 series.

By dash do you mean the complete dash or just the centre dash?

this bit:

DSCF0010.JPG

yours won't have the bar sticking out the left side but that's where the blanking plate I mentioned goes. You can get a good grip using that hole and pull it out. There are no screws, just clips for that panel.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi, what is that Bar for on the left, looks like something came through the engine bay?

I believe Jon attaches his touchscreen for his carputer to that bar....

Yep, mounting point for my touch screen. That was a work in progress picture, the bar is this:

DSCF0009.JPG

Became this:

IMG_0127.JPG

then this:

IMG_0123.JPG

Nice, mate you are fully kitted out :clap:

You know the way that there are so many possibilities with these vehs is mind boggling....

I am glad the bug has me firmly in control....(I may be bankrupted by all these mods one day, but, who cares) :lol:

Back