Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How do you clean your engine compartment???

Unless you have a lot of oil leaks I’d just go to the petrol station jet wash and use that with their soap, everything under the bonnet will be waterproof so long as the original protections are still in place, but don’t go in close with the high pressure nozzle around the wiring or control boxes. Leave the engine running while you wash and use a trigger spray WD40 for a spray over once your finished.

I use degreaser from Supercheapauto and water jet followed by WD40. Some rags and manual scrubbing in areas.
Cannot stand to see a mess under the bonnet.

I use degreaser from Supercheapauto and water jet followed by WD40. Some rags and manual scrubbing in areas.
Cannot stand to see a mess under the bonnet.
I think I have your affliction, my eyes twitch and I get this extreme imaginary itch to clean the car. Unfortunately I have quite a lot of oil leaks (just bought the car) so I need to start the cleaning progress ....

Glad I'm not the only one :p

I too saw this Chris fix video but the car he used was different one so was not confident to use that method on my car. I used dash board wipes to clean bits and parts where my hand can go.
For Landcruisers,
Can we spray Wd40 directly onto the plastic and wiring connectors? Will that dry out and leave the gloss or will it attract dust?
Did anyone use Autoglym bumper/plastic trim restorer on plastics in engine bay?
What to use for the air filter to engine hose, engine to radiator hose and others in engine bay.?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Raj i use GT85 on everything. Similar to WD40 but lasts longer. Leaves a nice sheen and is also a water repellant and smells nicer

Mick it looks impressive. Its on Amazon. One more problem solved for me. Can we use it to clean the rubber hoses as well?

@Raj i use it inside and out. Have always used it on motorbikes as well. It won't hurt the electrics and if the weather's good and not windy I wipe over the whole vehicle surface, mind not to get it on windows and mirrors.

Reactions: Raj
Show us clean cruiser engines , or at least some not mostly hidden by plastic covers .

Anything you might find under the kitchen sink will make plastic shine iirc Pledge polish was at one time the only thing to clean your crash helmet visor with and every girl you woke up with would have some in the kitchen .

A paint brush and undiluted TFR will get far better results than an hour of jet washing your engine .

Reactions: Raj
Back