Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

How many cylinders?

silvercruiser

Hello just a quick Question

How many cylinders does the 4.2 diesel have thanks.

Joe

Thanks for the quick reply, my dad did tell me the same but i thought id ask on here to clarify. cheers.
Joe

What else would it have?
All the best engines in this world have 6 :mrgreen:
(Heard the highest production volume of any engine is a 6 cylinder, 6.7 litre Volvo diesel)

uHu said:
What else would it have?
(Heard the highest production volume of any engine is a 6 cylinder, 6.7 litre Volvo diesel)

Yes thats why im saving for a 100 series as the mpg doesnt seem that much different from my 3.0 td colorado :D

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
silvercruiser said:
uHu said:
What else would it have?

Yes thats why im saving for a 100 series as the mpg doesnt seem that much different from my 3.0 td colorado :D

Thats the volvo D6 engine fitted to most rigid trucks and urban artics

Jon Wildsmith said:
I think the best engines have 12 cylinders :mrgreen:
Jag fan? (Can't see it in you sig.line)
Or Merlin himself?

Jag fan but haven't had one for a few years. Their most fun engine is a V8 but the V12 is a work of art :)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Jag fan but haven't had one for a few years. Their most fun engine is a V8 but the V12 is a work of art :)
Agreed. Was a boyhood dream. There is one in the neighbourhood, but I've never looked under the bonnet. Shame on me, have to get the priorities right, even know the owner :oops: . He got me some cruiser parts from Denmark once, saved a fortune.

This shows the engine,
3076754904_b8dbb615d3.jpg

But this variety looks more fun:
jaguar_v12_hotrod.jpg

Heey. Is this the 100 thread?

1HD-fte
1HD-FTE_pic-249x203.jpg

Back