Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hubs from a Hilux for a kjz78

graysworld

Can anyone help me find the hubs from a Hilux to fit my KZJ78 What I thought was a wheel bearing gone turns out to be the hub shaft. Also the electric hubs have been butchered so I might as well replace everything and have manual hubs. So if anyone knows of anyone breaking or a breaker please let me know. I am in the south of the UK. alternatively I will have to buy new. Can someone confirm these are the correct parts please.
toyota hub change.JPG

Regards Graeme

Hello,

Just a question, why would you have to replace the Spindle? Did it get damaged as well?

Ok, sorry I see its everything from Hilux you want to transplant. My question then would be are you sure you would have to replace or can transplant it all?

Your best bet would be a guy called Alfie Barrett. He runs "just hilux" based in basildon Essex. Google him. I've had parts for my hilux from him. Good guy to deal with.

Thanks for the replies. I have been away so have only just seen them. The wheel bearings have been slipping on the stub axle and thus knackered that, hence I need a new one. The cv joint doesn't look good so I am replacing that as well.
All the above parts were correct and cross referenced by Milner who were very helpful. I have yet to reassemble and will post when complete. The only problems or difference between the manual hub and the electric hub is a) there is a hole in the swivel for the wiring for the electric hub that needs to be blocked and made watertight. I will do this with the original bung that the wires go through. b) the stub axle/bearing housing is 14mm longer on a manual hub. I have an engineer friend who has cut the old electric hubs and machined them into spacers for me. The correct hubs are available new for about £85 each from Ebay or spacers can be from Canada for 220 dollars. I am confident that what I am doing will work and wil post more later.

Graeme

If when you fit the wheel bearings and tighten up there's still play in the bearing. You can use the spacer that fits on the earlier round light 70.

The spacer goes on the stub axle before the inner bearing and hub!

Be interested in seeing how your job turns out..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I found it out when I fitted the round light 70 hubs which had the vented disk's on a square light 70. I couldn't understand why no matter how tight the bearings were done up they were loose.

The shims are listed on milners website under 1984 to 1989 70 series.

It all made sense after seeing them!! :thumbup:

Hi Iwan, I can't seem to find them on the Milner site. It's as if there isn't enough thread on the stub axle! So would you send me a link please. Also with the spacer will it not alter the position of the disc and then the caliper won't fit? A right pain this is...I will get around it though!

Graeme

Back