Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hzj75 possible fuel starvation?

Esben Bøll

Country Flag
denmark
I have a hzj75 1994 with the 1hz non turbo.
I just got it and did a longer drive today.
When going down the highway between 70 og maybe 90.. keeping the same speed. Sometimes it felt like it was pulling just a little less than normal.
Like I suddenly had a stronger headwind (the was absolutely no wind today) or the brakes was dragging a little (I checked and the wheels are spinning freely)
Not enough to see a speed change on the speedometer......., just a slight feeling.
And yes I was holding the throttle in the same position.
I should maybe mention is was something like minus 5 celsius.

Any ideas?

I suspect its your fuel filters brother.... always pays to give new arrivals a birthday ( filters, oil) just for peace of mind... I hope its that simple.... cheers.

I have installed a brand new original filter + added a flash live prefilter.
Tank had been completely off and cleaned, and I have replaced the little in tank fuel filter.

Could it be possible that when the engine is pumping out the fuel of the diesel tank that it is creating a vacuum? I there is a valve thing for that.?

Take the filler cap off if you can hear air escaping the vent is blocked in the cap, my 78 1HZ does it now and then

Update.
I first installed a clear line just after the prefilter and directly to the fuel line to the pump.
No bobbles there.

Then I installed the clear line after the original filter/primer and there is clearly bobbles.

Also when pumping the primer it does never become completely hard.

What do you think. New filterbracket/primer?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back