Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Hzj75 test-drive today.. what to look for?

The inside of the windscreen surround can rust on the inside out, there's a seal between the roof unit and there's factory holes holes in the top of the surround and it can fill with water.

You can check the inner wings where they meet the wheel arch. Also check the insides of the doors my bj74 was very bad on the doors.

Check the rear of the chassis because I think I saw a picture of the truck with a boat being launched.

Being what it is I think that it would have been very well looked after..

If you could take a pile of pictures it would be good to see!

Good luck with it!:thumbup:

+1 for windscreen, they are notorious for rust issues there. If it wasn't dark here, I would send you a pic of my garden ornament 75 series, to give you an idea,

under the doors, my drain holes tend to clog up and water can't get out, so check there,

Floor pan under the rubber mat if you have one,

Rear window, where the window frame is bolted to the panel behind the seats.

Bonnet, mine has rust around the hinges and sides.

Chassis rails, inside the box section of the chassis.

I stop here, don't want to scare you off :screamcat::character-willie:

The vehicle looks great, look as a mechanic once told me, every vehicle is great at a agreeable price. These vehicle are asvbasic as they come. And that's what I love about them personally. With this set up on the back, you almost have a camper ready to go. It all depends on how much money you are happy to spend, and of course how mechanically minded you are.
Good luck with it, don't be scared by mileage, my 75 did 560.000 km's with the original 1hz in it. (Which I sold to make room for the 1HDT, which killed the gearbox:violence-hammer:)
The pump on the 1HZ was done when I bought it with just shy of 220.000. It's a similar setup, mine has a big tool box in the back, which literally weighs a ton. Especially with all the tools in it.

Back