Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

HZJ75 Troop Carrier - More power? - wheel change?

Hi Roy,
I also have a 24v hdj80.
The 24v power output is much smoother.
The turboed troopy will still drive like a small truck while the 80 drives more like a big car.
Each has its charms.

Hey guys. The HZJ is a great engine. First and foremost, it is very reliable. But it is lazy uphills and highway cruising. Many people have successfully installed turbos on them, I don’t doubt. But for me personally, that is a road to hell. You are turning a great engine into something it was never designed for. It will cease to be reliable (turbos are the first thing that will complicate your life), and it will become a tunnel in which to pour money and time. But turbo is great... I agree. Just better when the engine is designed for it. Rather buy a 1HDT engine and replace the HZJ. My 5c.

Hi Kimbo,
Yes you're right and I also considered that when I decided to fit the turbo.
But I can live with the idea that the engine will only do 500000 kms instead of 1000000.

I really wanted to turbo up for a while! But then I fell back in love with the lazy 6 as it was. I don't think I'll ever make it to 1000000k's anyway :)))

Btw at one of my visits to allamerican to get some parts, I noticed a brand new still crated HDFT engine, just arrived from the toyota factory. For 11000 euros it could be mine....
They also have the V8 engines. Didn't bother to ask the price...

Back