Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I am not a robot!

Dave2000

Supporter
Country Flag
spain
So today each time I have attempted to access this site I have to verify I am not a robot, I have to select images which are cars, or shop fronts or something else similar. OK once from my IP address, perhaps once a day but EVERYTIME?

Someone tell me this is just a bit of fun and will stop very VERY soon.

regards

Dave

Dave I wish you luck, I have never had to do that for this site.
Might it be something from your end?

Failing that start a convo with Crispin perhaps?

Something may have happened at the server end.

I will wait and see what happens, it is a first for me as well.

regards

Dave

Cloudflare.png

GRRRRRR!

Note no other tabs displayed and the Land Cruiser Club icon is associated with the 'Cloudflare' verification, URL also showing the association....@Crispin, have a dekko at this mate please.

regards

Dave

Dave,

That is CloudFlare which thinks you might be up to no good. How often does it happen to you? It should not happen again for a while once you tick the box. Does it?

C

It's happened to me a few times, but goes away after about 3 cycles.

I don't see a pattern to it, so maybe it's random.

No idea otherwise...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had the cloudflare warning repeatedly when I was on my trip, seemed to get into an endless loop asking for verification. The worst was on Brittany Ferries using the onboard wifi which is a satellite system, it was so bad I gave up trying to access the site.. But I'd also get it on some public wifi hotspots.

Fear not R2D2 Pat has discovered some wd40 tablets in New Zealand that should sort you out ;)

I had the cloudflare warning repeatedly when I was on my trip, seemed to get into an endless loop asking for verification. The worst was on Brittany Ferries using the onboard wifi which is a satellite system, it was so bad I gave up trying to access the site.. But I'd also get it on some public wifi hotspots.

I don't know why it would repeat for you that often. That's a bit of a hassle. :(

In a nutshell, Cloudflare is a system which sits in front of the server and monitors the traffic and sources.
If there is traffic coming from somewhere which it thinks is nefarious then it prompts for user interaction to prove you're not a 'bot.
This can happen from public wifi because quite often bad traffic comes from public hotspots. That is why you get it more frequently from there than home.

@Dave 2000 -
Is this always happening from your home connection?
You use mobile 3G don't you?
Go to here http://www.whatsmyip.org/ and tell me your IP. I can see if CF thinks it's bad.

C

Hi Crispin, I am house sitting in the mountain range in Lorca. The house owners have a microwave system that gets bounced off various neighbouring transmitters/receivers and then fed into Telefonica's phone lines.

This is not my usual mobile internet connection, but unsure why it would allow over a week before triggering Cloudflair?

I have been here since Wednesday 30th Nov. So nine days without issue until yesterday morning, it is every time I try to access the site if I have been away for more than an hour or so. So there is a time out period active.

Tomorrow morning I return home for a few weeks so it may disappear? Bloody annoying, in particular as I use the fast access tab to the sites I visit often. And with regards to nefarious activity...who me? I know nothing about computers guvnor..........honest!

I will see how it goes when I get home in the morning.

regards

Dave

ok, had a look at CF. The setting was on "high" which says -
A high security setting will challenge all visitors that have exhibited threatening behavior within the last 14 days

It could be that someone else using that WISP had some dodgy stuff. We'll never know.

Nonetheless, I have changed the setting to Medium which should stop it.
It might challenge you once more and that should be the end.

Do you have any CCTV cameras there? There is the Mirai (wiki) botnet which is causing all sorts of fun at the moment. If they're infected then it could explain it. Just guessing though.

Thanks for your efforts Crispin. The house has just lost internet via the microwave system, torrential over the last couple of days must have got into the works somewhere?

FWIW, I have just connected via my mobile internet and access is immediate with no interruption's so.........

Get back to you if I have any more problems.

regards

Dave

@Crispin, FYI, house internet back on, I had to complete the 'Clodflug' again, but that is the first since we last 'spoke', let you know how it goes later on.

regards

Dave

ok, that does suggest your IP is suspect to CloudFlare. Depending on how your WISP is set up you may have many poeple sharing the IP. All bets are off if that's the case :(

That would be very possible Crispin, the suppliers tend to offer very large bandwidth, and 'tether' you to 'X' amount depending on what you are prepared to pay.

regards

Dave

Well CF is still checking I am human, leave as is Crispin, tomorrow back home till after Christmas, so should be fine.

regards

Dave

Just a FYI, back home with the brilliant mobile internet, and all is back to norm.

Thanks for your efforts Crispin.

regards

Dave

Back