ICP for Malaysia



Hi people,
We will be driving through Malaysia on our way back to Australia and
we've only just heard about the possibility of needing an
International Circulation Permit to drive through. Our shipping agent
told us about it and sent us the form, but looking around it seems you
can get it the border as part of the standard
customs/carnet/visa/insurance malarkey that usually ensues. Thought
that one of you might have some up-to-date information for us anyway.
I did speak to Paul Gowen (the RAC's carnet guy) about it but he had
only heard of them for use in Singapore... but I have seen two other
blogs where people got them at the border... but these were from 2002
and 2004.
There is info on the Malaysian government site too, but again it
doesn't say if you can get these at the border or not.
Can anyone confirm this for me?
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/


Unfortunately our land cruiser blew up in Thailand about 100 miles before we
hit the Malaysian border but we didn't need any additional documentation in
advance of the border. A fellow traveller Dwight Wood, whose ?300 Citreon
didn't break down and made it through Malaysia, was fine as well and didn't
need one. Email him on [Email address removed] for confirmation.
This was as of last November
Graham Naismith
Mob. 07904 237471
European Land Cruiser Owners Mailing List
Further Info: http://www.landcruisers.info/
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks