Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

If you could start over again?

The wide narrow debate will go on forever Clive, there isn't one tyre that will do everything, always depends on what surface your driving on.

Agreed.

I'm a bit pissed because I have 2 sets, ATs and Muds, but since I've had trouble getting BFG AT KO2s in my size, I've been running the muds on asphalt.

Now they're half worn and much less effective on grass and in mud. :cry:

I can see myself trying to get a new set of muds after I eventually get the ATs, neither are easily got here...

Advice if started again... don't get a black one! Shows up every scratch and is a pain to keep clean.

Can get swing out wheel carriers, I've got a kaymar one that fits around the stock bumper but they're not cheap.

I'm not personally a fan of lpg so would rather have a 2nd or bigger fuel tank.

If it will work with lpg look into the timing adjustments, makes engine run better, more low down grunt, better mpg and generally revs up better. Need to get it right to avoid pinking under load though.

I'm running pedders suspension, works better if carrying a load with the springs I've got otherwise it's a bit crashy.

Snorkel and petrol.... it will misfire before the intake gets worried!

There's still some reasonable milage petrols out there for not silly money.

The factory lockers work well imo if get one with them fitted.

Oh and welcome btw.

I'd 2nd the rust treatment and doing a detailed inspection inside and out (take out seats carpet etc.) to find all those small niggly spots that can eventually turn into bad rust (especially if hidden from view)
I put insulation on all my interior (not roof line but may do that in the future) and that made a different to decreasing noise level (also laid extra wiring)

I have LPG tank underneath as well and swing out spare wheel tyre carrier is advisable. Not that expensive or a make-shift one (find a good welder/fabricator) and lots of pics online etc. (can send you some) where you don't need a fancy (expensive) rear wheel bumper.
Ensure you do a full mechanical baseline once you get your truck. Good hunting

Back