Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Indonesian LC200

Teddo

Hi all, am getting my self LC 200 in a week time. Newcomer to LC. Need your help:

1. My brochure said the engine code is 4.5 liter diesel engine (1 VD-FTV) with intercooler. Is this the dame with d4d? Whats d4d?

2. Does anyone know the length or distance between the front of the car and the tire? Am planning to put a tire stopper in my garage, but not sure where to put it. Maybe some guidance as to distance from the wall?

Thanks all.......

1. Yes, it's a D4d, as are the majority of new Toyota turbo-diesels. Its basically a code for the common-rail diesels. Don't read much into it ;)

2. Dunno - I guess you could look up the overall vehicle length and subtract the wheelbase, and come up with an estimate that way. Otherwise, wait until you take the vehicle home and measure in the flesh :idea:

Nice buy bTW :thumbup:

Andrew

Thanks for the input. Will post the pics when i get it.

Bit worry whether i made a right choice or not, as i been reading lots of complaints abt the oil consumption of LC200

Any views?

Hi Teddo

There was some discussion of this issue somewhere on here - look for a post by Gary Stockton... (EDIT: In fact it is the one below this one!!! (CLICK ME)...)

Unfortunately, there ain't many 200 owners about these parts :(

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with yours though :cool:

Cheers

I'm sure you've made the right choice! The oil consumption has been a minor issue on a few of them but there are worse problems with cars than using a bit of oil. Ask the 120 owners about injector seal problems :twisted:
It's an LC - I bet you'll find it better and better as you get used to it!

Thanks guys......

Will keep you all posted. Cant wait for the car to arrive......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Guys, just got my car....... Yipppppeeeeee

Loving it. Will take it for a ride tom. And post some pics to u all.

Question:
I got the car imported from japan, thus there were no manual. Does anyone know where i can get the manual in english at least?

Congrats on the new car, Teddo!

As I understand it, the Japanese LC200 is only available with a petrol 4.7 litre V8 engine.

Did you manage to get a diesel 200 Series?

Mine is lc200 diesel v8

Thats a surprise, cos i understand all lc in indonesia is imported from japan.....

In Japan, the diesel engine is not available to the local Japanese, i.e. there is no diesel option for the Japanese Domestic Market, according to the Japanese dealers there, when I was in Japan a couple of months ago.

So that's all rather intriguing that you've got a Japanese spec 200 series diesel with Japanese text on the navigation system. :thumbup: Was it a brand new import or is it a pre-loved vehicle?

Photos please!! :drool:

Back