Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Inner and Outer wheel bearings

warrenpfo

Are wheel bearing best bought from Toyota or can i get generic ones from FSA or the like??

If you get the correct bearing part no's you can buy them from a bearing supplier. Just make sure you buy Koyo or Timken, which are what Toyota sells as OEM in any case, just with their hefty mark-up and packaged in their branded box.
It's not worth buying cheaper brand bearings, irrespective of what the bearing salesman might tell you :whistle:

Or simon at our favorite dealer. See the sticky in servicing. Tell him where you're from. Might have a good price.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
a bearing is a bearing, as long as it is Koyo, NGK or Timkin then you will be golden.

Hope you all sitting down...

I asked for the following parts:
2x front wheel bearing thrust washers
4x front wheel bearing nuts
2x front wheel bearing locking tabs
2x front inner wheel bearing
2x front outer wheel bearing
2x front wheel bearing inner seal (the one that fits in behind the inner wheel bearing)
2x front wheel bearing outer seal (the one that bolts to the brake disc cover )

I would also like to re-boot both front cv joints and am not sure if there is a kit you can buy or if it’s a case of buying 2 of each boot for the front cv joints.

The price...£606 BUT free carriage and a 15% discount
:shock: :shock:

For CV boots I ordered some from Roughtrax but ended up fitting a boot from the local motor factors (less than a fiver), because they were slightly more flexible. I wanted more flexible boots as the stiffer boots kept moving on the axle (due to increased cv angle after the lift) and then leaked CV grease everywhere - presumably it would have leaked water in too.

warrenpfo said:
The price...£606 BUT free carriage and a 15% discount
:shock: :shock:
What about the rear wheel bearings, Warren? :p

A flight to Dubai is probably only £300 - go for the day and pick up all you need for similar money, and buy some parts for others to offset your costs ;)

Milner are well priced for bearings. I have recently ordered a full set for front and rear axles. All delivered were koyo.

Can i assume the only way to tell what bearings i need is to get the details from the bearing its self ie its stamped on the bearing.

warrenpfo said:
Can i assume the only way to tell what bearings i need is to get the details from the bearing its self ie its stamped on the bearing.

That is one way, then armed with the numbers, go to your local bearing centre and order them. :thumbup:

I'm lucky, \I live not thtree miles from a company called Henderson bearings, in Segensworth, near Fareham...they have always been very helpful in getting any bearing I asked for....sometimes they want to look at it, and maybe measure it up, but never had a problem...and soooo much cheaper than MrT. :D
Except for the diff bearings, and they were about the same price.. :(

If you google "bearings in maidenhead" , quite a few companies appear.

Ryan Thomson said:
Milner are well priced for bearings. I have recently ordered a full set for front and rear axles. All delivered were koyo.

I concur, just ordered a front wheel bearing kit from Milners & the bearings are KOYO, (I checked first) £19:00 plus VAT for an inner & outer plus a hub seal.

Back