Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Inside fuel line diameter

spackrackman

Hi
Anyone know the diameter of the fuel line (diesel) feed to the pump?
I am hiding at work and concidering buying some bits to run my 80 on oil and I need to know the fuel line diameter and it's lowest mpg it can run at. Anyone?
Jonnie

Hi Jonnnie

'Fraid I have now't to help you with here but Karl Wester runs his truck on veg oil so you might want to have a chat with him on the subject...

Cheers

Yep he is the one who has inspired me! Slightly worried about the strain on the pump but if I process the oil well and get it nice an hot before I switch over then fingers crossed it will work trouble free.
Thanks
Jonnie

Bloody hell, Karl will be worried now he's an inspirational character... :lol:

I am going to tackle my fuel lines soon as one had nearly rubbed through on the pump linkage. If you mean the ones between the filter and the pump i can normally get this quite cheap through our engine reconditioners who have sheds full of the stuff.

internal diameter is 10mm or 3/8". I have a heat exchanger with fittings to suit an 80 series going spare, I bought it from the veg place in wolves when I had my 80 and never got round to fitting it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
I have a heat exchanger with fittings to suit an 80 series going spare, I bought it from the veg place in wolves when I had my 80 and never got round to fitting it.

Yes please Jon, I have to start somewhere. Please feel free to PM me
Jonnie

Hi Jon. If jonnie decides not to have the heat exchanger I will prob av it. Thanks

Back