Inside fuel line diameter

spackrackman

Hi
Anyone know the diameter of the fuel line (diesel) feed to the pump?
I am hiding at work and concidering buying some bits to run my 80 on oil and I need to know the fuel line diameter and it's lowest mpg it can run at. Anyone?
Jonnie

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Hi Jonnnie

'Fraid I have now't to help you with here but Karl Wester runs his truck on veg oil so you might want to have a chat with him on the subject...

Cheers

spackrackman

Yep he is the one who has inspired me! Slightly worried about the strain on the pump but if I process the oil well and get it nice an hot before I switch over then fingers crossed it will work trouble free.
Thanks
Jonnie

Gav Peter

Country Flag
england
Bloody hell, Karl will be worried now he's an inspirational character... :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
I am going to tackle my fuel lines soon as one had nearly rubbed through on the pump linkage. If you mean the ones between the filter and the pump i can normally get this quite cheap through our engine reconditioners who have sheds full of the stuff.

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
england
internal diameter is 10mm or 3/8". I have a heat exchanger with fittings to suit an 80 series going spare, I bought it from the veg place in wolves when I had my 80 and never got round to fitting it.

spackrackman

Jon Wildsmith said:
I have a heat exchanger with fittings to suit an 80 series going spare, I bought it from the veg place in wolves when I had my 80 and never got round to fitting it.

Yes please Jon, I have to start somewhere. Please feel free to PM me
Jonnie

karl webster

Land Cruiser Club sponsor
Promoted Company
Guru
Hi Jon. If jonnie decides not to have the heat exchanger I will prob av it. Thanks