Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

insuring a 2nd car

Gary Mead

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Any tips on getting sensible insurance on a 2nd car,had an offer of a cheap passat estate 50+mpg :D ....done compare the market etc and rung chris knott ins(quoted £1900)for a £500 car :doh: :doh: :roll:
I have full ncb on the cruiser but you cannot use this towards second car..

This insurance is a complete joke,ive been driving claim/conviction free for more than half my life and they quote £1900,I asked him how they get to this figure but nobody seems to know.got it down to about £750 but still more than car and it totally wipes out any saving on running cruiser.

any ideas??

I called Admiral yesterday as I was going to try to buy an 80.

My current car, a C32 amg is with them for £310 including business insurance. The no claims only applies to one car, but you get a discount. They seemed to be pushing cancelling the existing policy and taking out a new multi car one, but the quote was.
C32 £267.58 so a decrease on current rate. 80 would be £281.26 limited to 6,000 miles.
I mostly use my bikes so the mileage is more than enough.

For reference I'm 39, with 10 years no claims.

Not sure that helps but thought I'd share my experience.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quite a few Insurers now do "multi-car" policies - one premium, one NCB but the policy covers more than 1 car. The assumption is that you can only drive one car at a time and therefore the risk is the same.

I'm sure Admiral (amongst others) do them.

Perhaps try 2Gether?

I got a decent deal with Admiral on the two car policy. it was also done "on-promise". My wife's car still had 3-4 months on the policy and I took out a policy for the iQ and her car. When her renewal was due, it went over to the new policy (away from NFU IIRC). If in the meantime you decided one something else, you had to pay the difference between a normal policy and the multi-car.

They were also very cheap with the 120 but refused it because of the off-road stuff. :snooty:

Sky insurance cloned the NCB off my LandCruiser onto the policy for my Daily driver. :thumbup:

Back