Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Introducing Jambanja

Robzimbo

Country Flag
kenya
Afternoon, all,

Jambanja is a 96 VX80, with whom I've done some good adventures. Most of these pix are from a 40,000 km six month trip from Harare to Alexandria to Cape Town and back to Harare I did with my family in 2009; along with another family in a VX80. Jambanja is still going strong, running like a dream, much loved by us all. If any of you are ever passing through Zimbabwe, come and say hello.

Rob

DSC00803 (2).JPG DSC00893.JPG FILE0069.JPG IMG_4886.JPG FILE0062.jpg

Howzit Rob and welcome,

We may be coming through the motherland on our trip to Mombassa in late April. My sis is in Avondale so will most probably be there for a couple of days before continuing north.

Would be good to catch up for a beer.

Lazz

Liking your 80 Rob. They do look great in red, with a dusting of yellow…
Great photos!! Keep em coming. :)

Hi Frank,

No I don't do everything - I'm lucky enough to have found good mechanics in Harare and Nairobi, who I work with when I can. Roadside fixes and routine service, yes, I do those myself. But (touch wood) after something like 300,000 kms of Cruiser driving, over 15 years, all in Africa, much on pretty ropey roads, I've never had to do anything more than minor or preventative work - though at some point in the next few months I think the clutch on the 105 will need replacing.

As we say down South, the great thing about Land Rovers is you can fix them by the side of the road. The great thing about Toyotas is, you don't need to...

Wow, some intro, welcome to the forum Rob.

Posts of your trips will always be welcomed, for the benefit of us couch overlanders who need to get a life and get out more!

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello and welcome. Nice to see a cruiser used for what its made for :-D

Back