Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

INVERTERS

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,

I am wanting one of them 700 watt invertes that Paul was selling.

Yes, I know I have got one of the big 2kw one's.

@ Paul, is there a 700 watt inverter available for me to buy?
@ every one else, does any one have one of the 700 watt inverters for sale that they bought off Paul.

Graham

Argos did some good deals on 800 watt ones a while back..
I got one then..

might be worth a look if Paul has non left...

NO your not having mine... :lol:

Difference between the Argos ones and Paul's ones is that Paul's are true sine wave, the argos, and most other, are not. They'll work for most things though.

Why do you want to change Graham?

Do you need to keep the 2K inverter? I got one of the 500W inverters if you want to swap/trade for it? Makes no odds to me what size I have...

Lemme know :)

Gavlad said:
Makes no odds to me what size I have...

You've officially been reported to ManHQ. Size does matter!

Crispin said:
Gavlad said:
Makes no odds to me what size I have...

You've officially been reported to ManHQ. Size does matter!
I'm hoping that ManHQ will be lenient when they realise MUX rolls on 35's...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hi,i would like one to charge my cordless batteries when in the field. Can run off second battery,but what size would i need to run an 18v charger?

For something like that you would (should) get away with a halfords / maplin special. A 250W one would be fine. Smaller would also be ok.
Any idea on what the charger power rating is? Somewhere it should say. You'd have to have something that exceeds that but would be surprised if it is very high (>100W).

i have a small 150 but doesnt even put light on. How large a sine wave can i have off my odyssey battery,will connect thru an anderson in canopy of hilux.?

The 150 not putting the light on could be that the charger does not like the modified sine wave. Might find that a proper sine wave one would work. All down to what the charger requires, power wise. Might be that it requires more than 150?

As for how big you can connect, what is the cable from the battery to the anderson plug as well as the plug's rating (I think they have different ratings?) An example is the 2KW ones we got from Paul require about 180A at full tilt. Overkill for your charger though :lol:

Check the details on the charger. It may just be that it does not like the modified sine versions (cheaper ones). I have a TV which does not work off them. Somethings do, some don't.

Gavlad said:
Why do you want to change Graham?

Do you need to keep the 2K inverter? I got one of the 500W inverters if you want to swap/trade for it? Makes no odds to me what size I have...

Lemme know :)
Hi Gavin,

I want ed the option to have the 2kw installed for longer trips, or the 700w for day tripping.
I am not sure 500w would be sufficient for load starting what I have in mind.

I used to have a 'mini freezer' in my caravan, 240 v, that we would plug into the house, then take out to the caravan, the day before we left, and that run off a 400w inverter, when we were towing. (I just placed it on the cusion seating, with a bungee to stop it falling off)
Even though the inverter was powerful enough, fridges and freezers need a high 'kick in' current.

So I am thinking of how to set out the rear of my 'cruiser.
Now I am going to buy a standard mini freezer, and a standard mini fridge. Both 240v.
and tie them down in the back of my 'cruiser on some 100mm foam sponge, as a shock absorber, like in the caravan.

Any way, these mini freezer's and mini fridges are about 500mm square and 500mm high.
New can be bought for £60.00 each with guarantee.
So if one does fail, then I will simply return it.

Gav, I will give you a phone call regarding when I can pick up my inverter, is that OK ?

Graham

Back