Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

IOO Series bought unseen of ebay (I warned Him)

Higgy

Country Flag
denmark
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-l...163437?hash=item341b783a2d:g:RUAAAOSwrcRd0VPB..The boss down the Marina Has had enough of Disco 3s After the 4th one went bang.. So he decide to buy this 100 series unseen/ No viewing off ebay .. Then he comes to me asking what they are like... 'Erm' Well i said...Even tho its the bottom end of the market Price wise.. Im just hoping its not shot to shit underneath. Or im gonna be pretty Busy... With it being an import im keeping my fingers crossed... Seems pretty decent in the Pictures... He will never learn:think::lol: MOT History looks ok.

Last edited:
I had my eye on that but something felt off about the guy when I talked to him. So didn’t go view it wanted a post 2003 anyway.

Its been on ebay a while now, And the price has been dropped a few times, I hope its OK.. Every time The Marina boss has a disco go 'pop' I always take the Piss.. And tell him he should have got a Land Cruiser.... Hope im not gonna eat my words:lol:

Fingers crossed, could have just been me, maybe he didn’t like my questions . Only thing I’d be worried about is the rust.

Last edited:
Keep us informed on this higgy.
A lot of 100s look next to new on top and inside.

Then a disaster underneath..

Keep us informed on this higgy.
A lot of 100s look next to new on top and inside.

Then a disaster underneath..
He's going to get it on Wednesday... We will have to see..I hope its ok, But like i said earlier, It is bottom price so expect anything, He has a habit of buying stuff off ebay with out viewing. Hence the 4 Shagged Disco 3s

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No horror stories in the mot history anyway .

He's going to get it on Wednesday... We will have to see..I hope its ok, But like i said earlier, It is bottom price so expect anything, He has a habit of buying stuff off ebay with out viewing. Hence the 4 Shagged Disco 3s
He needs to kick that habit..

:pray: Fingers crossed there H.

Looks tidy enough in the engine bay (which looks to have been steam cleaned :thumbdown:) but a look underneath is of course the acid test. At least as an import it will have spent some of its life salt free.

I wonder why it has ladders on the roof? Either it’s honest or they’ve been put there to make it look like the seller has owned and used it for a while rather than flipping it.

Waiting with baited breath and fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I think he said he 'wor' a Window cleaner.... Tomorrows the big day..

I follow that seller. CHECK OUT HIS OTHER ITEMS!!! LOTS OF SUPERLATIVE CRUISERS APPEARING EVERY WEEK!!! BEST IN T’COUNTRY!!!

Last edited:
Some nice 2 wheel modern classics there. That Z1300 brings back some memories, my first bike after passing the test.

F119AF58-D1B7-415A-8F83-EF3643863D76.jpeg

While we are on the subject of Disco 3s...https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-55-Land-Rover-Discovery-3-2-7TD-V6-7-SEATER-MANUAL-A-CHEAP-PX-TO-CLEAR/17414787843.. The old ones aren't worth much these days
On account of them being a whole heap of trouble once they get past a certain age and mileage and start scrubbing out tyres which means bushes gone. Replace bushes? Nah, whole suspension arms and frame (I think) at about £2k from what I’m told!! :scared-eek: I thought LR were supposed to be cheap for bits!

No News on the 100 series yet, He shot off this morning with one of the lads from the Marina to fetch it , And has not been seen since... And im back at home now, So will up date Tomorrow... Fingers crossed

Iv driven the Bosses and the Managers Disco 3s many times. And i must admit they are a Joy to Drive.. BUT!. And a big but!....Would never want to own one.... Shame Land Rover never got it right, Another mate has a new Disco 4. He said the best thing he ever did was take out Extended warranty... Constantly in limp mode for one reason or another... Currently in the Garage for MAF sensor, and other related limp mode Problems... Again, Shame they never got it right, Coz i quite like them..:eusa-shhh:

40k in mine in 2 years and only changed front wheel bearings and pads. Lots of pads.

Shitting myself now that something is going to go wrong now. However i belive that a car with good history will pay off

I'm on the hunt for a post 2003 100 series, looking at most adverts and MOT histories they seem to be rot boxes underneath.

Well!.. He walked away.. After a two hour drive, He said hes never been so pissed off, Vehicle NOT as described. What wasnt shown in the pictures was the Gaffer tape on the Seats Tailgate rust, And the whole thing looked very worn... The engine Bay was not all gleaming , Like in the pictures... So he did the right thing and walked away.. He didnt go underneath (Didnt need to i guess) so cant comment on rust, So i guess if your looking at the Bottom end of the Market, 4/5 Grand Expect the worst, He said he stopped off on the way back to look at another for 7 Grand, And that was just as bad... I bet he ends up with another Disco 3...So thats that really

Back