Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ireland, Wales, Brittany

thelal

Country Flag
ireland
Heading to Brittany for a few weeks camping and noisying around (may look at some older farmhouse properties) at start of Oct
Coming across Rosslare to Fishguard, visit some friends and then down to London and across the channel (ferry - as have LPG)

Any touristy places to see, some (remote) camping spots etc.
Appreciated

Driving 97 1fzfe with RTT and 'street' tyres so not planning any crazy mud lanes

20200711_082721.jpg

Google Keepers Pond NP4 9SR which is pretty much enroute and while being a popular day trip location with strict no overnight stays (in the car park) its the back and beyond of nowhere with no on site facilities . Was a busy summers day when i visited so i just drove up onto the grass a little further than a normal car would attempt .

I had a truck full of kids so staying overnight wasn't an option but i was tempted to .

thanks Shayne. Hopping to do some camping in Wales with friends but great to have another spot. Cheers

Depends on which channel crossing, but if you're driving through Normandy, then Honfleur is beautiful and if you like brandy, the Calvados region. Some of the smaller producers are happy for you to have a few!! and sleep in your camper /roof tent overnight! .... Happy Hols.

If you're passing through Normandy, then the sea front and cliffs at Etretat are worth a look if you like coastal, and agree that Honfleur is great. Rouen is nice, for a city. The abbey ruins at Jumieges are interesting, but the town itself isn't great, so plan on being self sufficient if you go there. We're just back from a quick trip around Normandy and those were the highlights for us.

Back