Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Irritating car sellers.

wobbly

Garage
Saw a VW Polo on a facebook group I inhabit, phoned the guy straightaway, agreed earliest time to look at it was 6.30pm and we would be first.

Get cash out of bank, go to pick up son which is who car is for, then see on the facebook ad its been sold.

Phoned the guy, seems someone else could get there earlier (it was him couldnt be there til 6.30pm!!) and bought it.

Ok, no loss on our part, but lad is a bit disappointed, and the guy had said we were first. Didnt even phone to tell me.

No way could I earn a living out of cars, people are too unreliable!

Pete

Probably got a better offer, bast*rd!

I would definitely end up petrol bombing someone if I had to go through that to make a living.

This is turning in to a real bind.

Went to look at a Seat Ibiza, 51 plate.

Ad. said it needed a cv joint and had a small crack in windscreen which wasnt bad.

Windscreen had a crack maybe 18inch across drivers side (guy said it wasnt bad when compared to his alfa, which had a crack from top to bottom....note to self -remember to use use sellers points of reference from now on.....), both cv's were knackered, clutch gave out at end of test drive (which he tried to blame me for!), backbox was blowing and gearbox had oil leak.

All fixable, but maybe £300 for parts alone, which was a shame as it pulled well, stopped nicely and was in good order bodywise.

Car was £550 to take into account cv and windscreen, I suggested £375.00 to take into account all of the jobs....think it was a no before he hung up on me, although it sounded a bit like 'fur cough' - maybe he has cats?

Problem at this price level is that if dealers are involved, the cars no better but is more expensive, and private sellers are hard work.

Theres a nice little W reg Vitara just down the road, hardly used, think I might knock on the door.....

Pete

Pete if you want a cheap car i have a bmw 318is that i will be selling soon would suit a young chap. check on insurance first though.
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back