Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is brine worse than salt

Yep a multi stage treatment generally although the local authorities do seem to get caught out on a regular basis.

My truck is normally laid up over winter so doesn’t see much salt grit or anything worse and it gets plenty of good washes. Amazing where stuff gets caught up though

Spose rock salt would bounce off the chassis but also get caught in the cavaties and trap points and then melt as it got wet in a small concentrated form wereas the grime slime and brine will just give most of the underside and chassis will get a damm good soak and corrode

For my summer cruiser('s) I don't go the whole hog on underside treatment, if of course not rusty. Like in my 81 thread if you care and want your (winter) cruiser to last then you go go the whole hog and grind, wire brush in the grinder etc, then treat the underside accordingly. Then after the dreaded salt season give it a good wash on the underside. Then during the summer months just keep an eye on the treated are i.e. the whole underside and if you find any rust forming.... get the grinder with the wire wheel out and retreat the area and reapply the finish.

This is the only way to keep the old dogs belly clean! Or garage the cruiser and buy a land rover and let that rust! NOT! lol:thumbup:

The Canadians have a winter car and a summer car. Jees you should see some of the winter cars!! Like they've been in the sea up to the sills for a year!!

I try and keep the cars clean. And do wash under and over frequently, through summer and winter. The one thing i struggle with is getting the tricks onto a ramp so our can get a good wash with some pressure into all the nooks etc.

The problem i see, in agreement with @SteveJB above, is that this brine is going to get in all over the place. I haven't treated the 105 with an under seal, but now wondering if this needs to get done as a priority, or just park the truck up through winter.

Could be worth looking at Krown, it's been going in Canada for 30 years.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back