Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this a joke?

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
It's a snorkel Jim, but not as we know it.
lol-045.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwSFmztP ... _embedded#!

It seems a very convoluted answer to avoiding a wing mounted one. An interior one was made by one of our forum members, I forget who at the moment, which was a much neater solution. :thumbup:

can you picture the sound inside that cab with the windows up?
:doh:

Firstly let me just say that the 'Gary' mentioned there is NOT me.

Secondly - WTF!! A plumbing project gone wrong. Can you imagine what will happen when he hooks that tube with the 'drain' in it on a submerged rock in a river?? Bye-bye Heep :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ha ha :lol:

"i might make a kit up if i get enough interest" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i really do not know how these people get through life :shock:

Joe

That's aweful!!

I might be wrong but surely that wll restrict the amount of air getting to the engine - big style.

My snorkel is longer than the normal through the wing set up (but no where near as long as that) and recently I disconnected it, allowing the air to the filter in the normal way - big difference in engine performance and power.

Regardless of that being a big Hemi - it still needs air - I guess it must be down to about 25% of it's power! Perhaps he keeps the aircon on full to get a ram-air effect!?!

Regards

What a King disaster waiting to happen, if his buddy done that, I am sure that I would not like to meet his enemies...

That is just plain stupid with a capital S!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

IIRC it was Roger Fairclough that devised a "switchable" snorkel that had a "normal" inlet but also an inlet inside the cabin. :cool:

So how does the motor (and the occupants) breath ???

Presumably it doesn't suck the windows in so there must be vents somewhere.

I'd have thought that, for wading, you want positive pressure inside to keep the water out - not try to suck it in through the seals.

Wherever the vents are, I hope they're high enough :? .

Bob.

Back