Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this a rare Fj40

txamezz

Country Flag
united_states
1984 diesel 5speed ac jt3bj42c2e0007581

I was going to do an ls swap on this fj 40 and started talking to a few guys and they thought I should keep it diesel. I don't know anything about landcruisers besides I like the looks of them. I might have a hard to find landcruiser. I don't want to cut up a landcruiser that could be a great use to somebody else. I would trade this for another running & driving landcruiser fj40. if mine isn't rare I will go ahead and do an ls swap. any help would be greatly appreciated. the fj40 does not run and has some rust issues...looks great though... so is it rare or put an ls2 in it and have fun?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 160
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 162
Hi it's a BJ 40 it look good it rare in the USA being a diesel love old 40's welcome . Tony

Hi there

Tony is right is a BJ40 and not that common in the States but there are a lot in Europe,,,looks pretty rough

Giles

thanks for the help! it does need some body work.... not that bad... I will go ahead and do a ls conversion

hi there

sorry i totally missed you saying it was 5 speed. 5speed were only fitted to BJ42 and they had the 3.5 engine and disc brakes. there not rare but they are the the SWB one to have and there are a lot less of them than the BJ40. the chassis number will start either BJ42 or BJ40, in Europe BJ42 is worth 50% more than a BJ40 if that helps at all

Giles

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back