Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It is with great regret.

It is with great regret I am selling The Pheonix. Due to health problems I am unable to continue with my overlanding trips or offroading.

She is a UK spec 1994 HDT80 auto with 187,000 miles on the clock, body work is in very good condition, having been resprayed Nato green in Romania and all dents and scrapes removed. There is no rust having bee given the Krown treatment. It has been maintained mechanically with no expense spared. 100% of all work carried out by Julian at Overland Cruisers or Trevor at Freedom 4x4, with receipts as back up. I fully understand and do not expect to get back what I’ve invested in the truck.

Details are,

Allisport Intercooler
Uprated brakes
3 working diff locks
Dobinsons springs front & rear with OME Shocks
4x4 R-Us rear bumper with wheel carrier

Cruise control has been fitted

Outback roof rack

Custom made rear ladder for roof access.
TJM Front winch bumper, and 12000lb winch
Wildsmith Rock sliders
Long range auxiliary fuel tank
On-board ARB Twin compressor with 2.5gl tank
Custom rear storage draws, one drawer converted for slide out fridge
20L water tank
IBS split charge system with 3 x Numax CXV-X 1000 Amp batteries
Pioneer flip up stereo/radio with hands free phone facility

In dash President Johnson CB

Nat Luna 50ltr Weekender fridge/freezer

48” LED light bar fitted to roof rack, 14” LED bar x 2 fitted to bull bar.

Safari Snorkel

All breathers connected to a manifold in engine compartment and run up snorkel
3” Prospeed Stainless steel exhaust system
Under body bash plates

265/75/16 Cooper STT Pro tyres
And probably lots more, I just forget the rest right now…..

MOT due 1st September 2019

OK, it’s 25yrs old but if, and that’s a big if, it goes wrong you don’t need a degree in electronics to put it right again.

I’m looking for £12500, this 80 has been a much loved member of the family for 15yrs so any silly offers will just be ignored
As prompted by Rich it also has Gullwing panels fitted either side and Angel eye LED headlights, in fact all lights except indicators are LED including interior lights.
There is nothing I can think of that needs to be added for any overlanding trip, the interior with a platform, has been arranged for sleeping inside, I'm 6'2" and can sleep fully stretched out between front passenger seat and tailgate.
As stated this is a family member so I would welcome any advice but silly offers will be ignored, thanks chaps.

That's not a car you're selling Chas; it's a piece of history!

Sorry to hear that your wandering days are over. Nothing to stop you driving a keyboard or being a passenger though.
Thanks Chris, I will be wandering my keyboard and with the forums blessing I would like to stay a member albeit Cruiserless.

Sad news Chas but be proud of yourself because it takes courage to admit to ourselves enough is enough and its time to throw in the towel and hang up our gloves .

As for the your truck i know without looking there isn't another 80 for sale in the UK that i would trust more to do a lap of the world without a moments preparation , you have tested it to destruction again and again and so every inch of the Phoenix has enjoyed attention from some of the best in the business . Seldom can you buy that kind of history :cool:

I guess holidays will be 5 star hotels , Jacuzzi's and masseurs for you now , how awful :violin:

Good luck mate its been a pleasure putting up with you ............... sometimes :lol:

Thanks Chris, I will be wandering my keyboard and with the forums blessing I would like to stay a member albeit Cruiserless.
I would’ve thought you’d earned lifetime honorary membership Chas so I’d be surprised if you need any blessing here.

Hope it’s good lemonade. :)

Sad news Chas but be proud of yourself because it takes courage to admit to ourselves enough is enough and its time to throw in the towel and hang up our gloves .

As for the your truck i know without looking there isn't another 80 for sale in the UK that i would trust more to do a lap of the world without a moments preparation , you have tested it to destruction again and again and so every inch of the Phoenix has enjoyed attention from some of the best in the business . Seldom can you buy that kind of history :cool:

I guess holidays will be 5 star hotels , Jacuzzi's and masseurs for you now , how awful :violin:

Good luck mate its been a pleasure putting up with you ............... sometimes :lol:
Thank you for those kind words Shayne, I must say its been a pleasure knowing you too, once met never forgotten. :thumbup:

You will certainly still be welcome at the meetings and I am sure there will be a passenger seat with your name on chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Indeed a sad day Chas....Keep posting and hope the cruiser goes to a deserving home.

A difficult decision Chas, but probably the right one, you’re a cruiser Legend, and have certainly brightened my day many times, whether reading your forum posts or at the various meets

Andy

A sad day to part with a cruiser, even sadder when it's a friend. I have thought once or twice about the day that will come when mine can no longer serve, and then quickly put those thoughts away. These things do get in under your skin!

Speaking of skin. Look after yours Chas. Hope your health manages to improve, that's more important even than a landcruiser

Sad news, hope your health improves and you can continue contributing here, your knowledge and humor are greatly appreciated

hi

Chas, sorry to hear this.

Are there pics of her in the media gallery?

G.
There aren't any on the media gallery, perhaps I should put some there for posterity. If I can figure how to do that!

Sad news, hope your health improves and you can continue contributing here, your knowledge and humor are greatly appreciated
Unfortunately Jake kidney failure doesn't improve unless a transplant can be found. I'll still be putting silly things on here though.

Sorry to hear this.
All the best mate.

Sorry to hear this also Chas. Wishing you all the best mate!:thumbup:

Sorry to hear this also Chas. Wishing you all the best mate!:thumbup:

Back