Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It is with great regret.

Looks great Chas... Have you put it in Parts/ Accessorise for a reason..(To avoid sellers fees) Sorry its non of my business.. But its not in the usual Toyota 80 series section on ebay... Only in parts and accessorise .... When we were selling our VW Clare accidentally listed it in parts and equipment, Never got a sniff couldnt understand why... Tell me to mind my own Business....
TBH I hadn't noticed it was in that category, trying to edit it I can't find vehicles only.

And there is a dedicated Facebook group for selling overland equipment. 2 x 80s on there at the moment.
Thanks Chris, I think I've got it on all the FB 4x4 sales pages and some others too, I'll look further.

Right, it's the end of an era for me, the Mighty Phoenix has been sold, I'm glad to say it's gone to an existing member, Shay from Bristol, so we should still be hearing of its exploits.
I shall be sobbing over my keyboard for a while.

Last edited:
Well done Chas
Be nice to get him out with us on the local tracks

Right, it's the end of an era for me, the Mighty Phoenix has been sold, I'm glad to say it's gone to an existing member, Shay from Bristol, I'm glad to say so we should still be hearing of its exploits.

Thanks for driving up from London to Julian's to meet me today Chaz, and great to meet you. I completely appreciate what the old girl means to you and be assured she'll be well looked after. And the name will stay with her, as well as the hungry cat sticker on the fuel filler.

I'm here to stay so you can all keep updated with trials and tribulations The Phoenix - and certainly keen to get out with anyone local or further afield. Are there any members in my neck of the woods?

She's currently staying up at Overland Cruisers for a new timing belt, an attempted fix of the battery unit beeps and replumbing of the air horn, then back home to join my motorbike and sensible Skoda down in Bristol.

Thanks for all the advice on my other thread!

Shay.

Right, it's the end of an era for me, the Mighty Phoenix has been sold, I'm glad to say it's gone to an existing member, Shay from Bristol, I'm glad to say so we should still be hearing of its exploits.
The end and Start of a new era Chas!.... Enjoy the Jag Mate... And Shay! You enjoy the 80:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi shay

I am.on the outskirts of Bristol give me a shout when you got it up together

Stu

Congratulations to you both.

Why dont you bring phoenix to lincomb next weekend shay. He could just drive himself there.

I Love it when a plan comes together. :)

Good news all round. You’ve got one well tested truck there Shay.

Chas, go for a drive through some tunnels in that F type with the top down and the ‘loud’ button pressed. That should help.

I Love it when a plan comes together. :)

Good news all round. You’ve got one well tested truck there Shay.

Chas, go for a drive through some tunnels in that F type with the top down and the ‘loud’ button pressed. That should help.

Thats a great idea rich. Or better still. Chas could have a drive to lincomb to see us and jump in the passenger seat and i could take him for a spin in the jag and show him the loud button :)

Thats a great idea rich. Or better still. Chas could have a drive to lincomb to see us and jump in the passenger seat and i could take him for a spin in the jag and show him the loud button :)
Sounds like a great idea Karl :icon-twisted::cool:

Welcome Shay . . . But . . . What's the Motorbike :icon-cool: :thumbup: ??

Bob.
(2 Boxer Beemers and 4 British Classics)

2017 Africa Twin. I'm quite find of a twin... Although when I'm in a position to get a second bike I'm thinking of a Triumph Daytona 675.... But currently the AT does everything I want of it!

The end and Start of a new era Chas!.... Enjoy the Jag Mate... And Shay! You enjoy the 80:thumbup:
Yes indeed Higgs, today I went to my first Jaguar meeting, fairly local to me at Denbies vineyards just outside Dorking.
I've never seen so many Jaguars at one time, all shapes and sizes, dozens of F-Types, E-Types, Mk 2 saloons :icon-cool:(my favourite) it was even an off road event, well in a field anyway. :dance:

Thanks for driving up from London to Julian's to meet me today Chaz, and great to meet you. I completely appreciate what the old girl means to you and be assured she'll be well looked after. And the name will stay with her, as well as the hungry cat sticker on the fuel filler.

I'm here to stay so you can all keep updated with trials and tribulations The Phoenix - and certainly keen to get out with anyone local or further afield. Are there any members in my neck of the woods?

She's currently staying up at Overland Cruisers for a new timing belt, an attempted fix of the battery unit beeps and replumbing of the air horn, then back home to join my motorbike and sensible Skoda down in Bristol.

Thanks for all the advice on my other thread!

Shay.
How are you liking the Phoenix Shay? or is it still with Julian,?

How are you liking the Phoenix Shay? or is it still with Julian,?

Hi Chas, got the V5 through yesterday. The Phoenix is still with Julian - I'll call him tomorrow and see When's best to go and collect it; hopefully on the weekend! Considering an outing to the Picos D'Europa in September. Very much looking forward to picking it up. How's the Jaaaag?

Hi Chas, got the V5 through yesterday. The Phoenix is still with Julian - I'll call him tomorrow and see When's best to go and collect it; hopefully on the weekend! Considering an outing to the Picos D'Europa in September. Very much looking forward to picking it up. How's the Jaaaag?
Glad to see you will be using her for what she has become used to, try to get to the non-Lincomb meet at the end of the month (Trevor can give you details) I'll be coming. The Jag hasn't had a lot of use lately, I've been a bit laid up with a bad back, which was one of the reasons for not going to the recent Lincomb event,

Back