Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's a BIG Universe

:thumbup:

Now really fry your mind and take the same scale of journey into the small :lol:

That's where the magic really begins :dance:

Cool. And there's no other life out there?? Riiiiight!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Gary Stockton said:
Cool. And there's no other life out there?? Riiiiight!!
Of course there is, I mean, just look at all those Captain Kirk found ;)

Irritating F*****G music !!! :sad-bored:

Olazz said:
Irritating F*****G music !!! :sad-bored:
Put the sound off?
thinking-023.GIF
:lol:

Very cool. Makes you realise how pathetic we are.

There was a programme on National Geographic which basically took the life of the earth and condensed it into an hour. Top corner of the screen they had a clock counting in years. Sped up all the main events, skimmed over the millions of years of nothingness, elaborated on main events like the dinos, the creation of the moon etc.
We, humans as we know it, were basically in the closing credits. IIRC, it was the last 5-10 minutes or so and was elongated to make it a bit interesting.

I've watched many things and enjoyed them but this really did make me think "as brilliant as we are, we're just a fart in the breeze" in the greater scheme of things.
Edit: It's called "Earth: Making of a Planet" Lots of clips on YT

Just on the outskirts of Lemvig in Denmark is the start of "the Planetary Trail". The Sun is represented by a bronze globe, 1.4 metres in dia. You then follow a pathway that works it's way towards the coast where you eventually find Pluto, some 5 Km from the start. That's as the crow flies, it was nearer 10 to cycle it.

The scale is 1 to a billion.

Roger

Back