Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lower control arm bushings

Can't comment on longevity, but I've just fitted Nolathene arb bushes to the rear of my 120.
They seem much more robust and rigid, whilst still having any flexibility needed, - my immediate thoughts on fitting were, they are much better quality than the ordinary 'rubber' versions, and should last well. Time will tell !

I would agree with Tractionman. I've fitted them to the panhard bar and the upper and lower trailing arms on my 90 series. They're firm but not too firm. Seem better than the original rubber ones and should hopefully last a long time. I was impressed with their quality and reputation and would be happy to fit them to the rest of my vehicle although they are on the slightly pricier side.

Last edited:
This debate took place on here years ago , i think then it was yay or nay to superpro bushes ?

Eventually , right or wrong , the stiffer bushes were thought to contribute to a number of chassis mounting bracket failures . Hence i use Febest .

Originals didn't fail in 20 years rubber just gets old .

Rubber fails because it perishes, splits and cracks, and can no longer do the job intended, hence replacement needed.

Yep its rumoured some model T Fords are actually on their third set .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And others more recent, including Landcruiser.
Did they use the good old rubber back then ?

Last edited:
Back