Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

It's a sad day for my LC......

TobyJug

Garage
Rising insurance cost this year and forever rising diesel prices are starting to severely damage my financial freedom.

Owning my own little company and commuting a good few miles a week are starting to hurt in the wallet to an extend that I can't really afford to run the LC any longer..
I am now paying £67 a month in insurance compared to the £35 for the last few years..
I don't know why as I have nearly 12 years no claims (frantically touching wood) and a clean licence.. (fanatically touching wood again..)

But hey poop happens and when you add at least £70 to £100 a week in diesel to that figure the truck is costing me a minimum of £450 a month to run.. :shock:

So the time has come to say goodbye to my dearest Elsie.....

as a daily commuter....
yeah you did not think I am actually selling her did you...?!

I should pick up my new commuter vehicle on Tuesday..
It's a N-reg 1.5 diesel Peugeot 106 inca....
Yes it's ugly, not very stylish but it's only had 1 owner since new and seems well looked after..
It will do brilliant MPG and should last a good while...
This should reduce my running cost drastically..

I am putting the LC down to a low mileage policy so that way I should pay roughly the same on insurance for both cars but save immensely on diesel...

So hopefully I should have more money to go out off-roading again.. :dance:

:lol:

Have been thinking about the same sort of thing

Good luck in the Inca - don't forget though.....

:text-worthless:

Gav Peter said:

Have been thinking about the same sort of thing

Good luck in the Inca - don't forget though.....

whahahaha yeh I know it has just become to expensive...
Last week I only plotted around town for 112 miles and the tank guzzeled up £46 worth of diesel... :(
I don't really want to drive a 106 but hey it will save a fortune...

I will take a pic of it next to the LC whaha
I can prob save on insurance by saying it's garaged..... just pop it in the LC's boot.... :D

:wtf: Toby, you had me worried there :lol:

Toby, £67 a month on insurance!!! iv'e got max ncb, 3 points am not far off 60 & this years premium fully comp was £255

joinerman said:
Toby, £67 a month on insurance!!! iv'e got max ncb, 3 points am not far off 60 & this years premium fully comp was £255

Wow who with?

I have nearly 12 years no claims, no points every licence in the book and still get shitted on.. :(

I paid £460 for the year last year and now its over £800 could not find a cheaper one.. :(

So please tell me who ur with I will ca them 2mo..

Ehhh monday..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Through a broker Chris Knott Ins 0800 917 2274 but policy is Highway part of Liverpool & Victoria

joinerman said:
Through a broker Chris Knott Ins 0800 917 2274 but policy is Highway part of Liverpool & Victoria
I was with Liv/Vic until they wanted to up my premiun from £400+ to £1800+ :shock: after the concrete wall incident, I expected an increase, but that is taking the proverbial.

Insurancewise, I'm still with that lot from the otherside @ around £400, 12K miles pa, with all mods disclosed. This will be my scond year with them FWIW.

I hope never have to make a claim though...

joinerman said:
Any news Toby ?

yes...
The 106 is still not ready but....
Knott was cheaper on the insurance for the LC so I will be swapping to them early next month..
Less miles than on the old insurance but only £335 for the year...
I will be doing the rest in a little car and on the bike.... :p

thanks for that mate...

I very much appreciate it...

well then....

I hated the 106.... I really did not like to drive it.... I mean noisy, no power steering etc...

so I went out and bought this.... :D

pug1.jpg

pug5.jpg

pug4.jpg

pug3.jpg

media.jpg

late 1999 Peugeot 306, 5 door 2.0 ltr. D Turbo, HDi
Its got a dent at the back so I got a bargain at: £300 :dance:

Thats a good buy, had a phase 1 306 DTurbo and it was great fun to drive, but constant issues with brakes, CVs, bushes, engine mounts... Well I drove like I stole it all the time so that might have had something to do with it...

Hi

Got mine with Flux including european breakdown + recovery for £456.00.

That is limited to 6000 miles a year.

Thats 10 years no claims.

Shop about as I did if you say you will go they will match any other quote.

There are enough of us on here now to do a deal with a insurance company.

Mal :flags-wavegreatbritain:

Yeh not bad ain't it Gav..
It seems to drive spot on too... started first time today so all good..

Needs a few little things doing...
a scrappy's rear bumper and I am going to do: CV's, drive shaft, clutch and cambelt...

after that it should be a great little run-around... it seems amazing on diesel so far... :p

So then it has been a while and a good few miles in the Pug...
The engine and box are superb and the MPG is amazing...

However it needs taxing this Thursday and before I could do that it needs a VIC check.
It also needs and MOT next month and lets say that it's not going to pass...

It needs new pads and discs all round, new drive shafts, new linkage thingy....
So it's time to retire the little pug me thinks... I will be breaking it for spares...

So after a couple of auctions and looking at a few private sellers cars I ended up with this from last nights auction..

It's practical for the business, it can carry parts for the LC build and it can be used as a family car... lol

1.9 HDi Diesel engine..

00811e35.jpg

07c9870b.jpg

7ef4cd8b.jpg

24dc571c.jpg

49c92e97.jpg

52d4afa2.jpg

454926b4.jpg

ec9ffac0.jpg

bfb9ae59.jpg

I particularly like the bulldog on the back!!! That looks very tidy dude - which auction did you go to?

Gav Peter said:
I particularly like the bulldog on the back!!! That looks very tidy dude - which auction did you go to?

Thanks mate...
St. Helens

Back