Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I've killed the 80 - or maybe just maimed it?!?!

Ecoman

Country Flag
scotland
:cry:

I went to pull away today while towing a trailer and the truck seemed to stall and cut out and wouldn't restart. I did a quick check of the timing belt and thats OK. Theres plenty of fuel in it as I filled her up 20 miles before hand and stopped and started it a few times between. When turning the engine over it seems to spin more quickly than it did but maybe thats just my imagination as it has never turned over more than twice before firing up.

I started to crank it over while someone else pumped the filter housing and it offered to fire but never caught. I have a feeling my IP has given up the ghost. It also has a bad engine vibration when cranking but maybe thats just because its trying to fire up?

Oh well its being looked at by a grown up now as I don't have the time this weekend. Good job my mate is still off-shore so I can steal his Mondeo :roll:

But tonight I'm in mourning and going to hit the bottle :cry:

Oh Bill what have you done?

Im sure it'l be somthing stupid !

Oh I bloody well hope its something stupid and its not going to cost me a second mortgage. I was going to say it couldn't have happenned at a worse moment but hell at least it happenned now and not while I'm on my holidays in it. :roll:

Could of air locked it, worth cracking the injector pipes while someone turns it over.

As joinerman said try cracking a injector but id prob swap fuel filter first. If no joy then crack injector then go to the fuel pick up pipe filter in the tank and throw it in the bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that start thinking the pump may be down :thumbdown:

Karl

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Give it a sniff of easy start if it fires its a fuel fault if not it might be a valve train issue (jumped belt?)

Cptsideways said:
Check your fuel receipt :lol:
:lol: That was the first thing I checked ;)

joinerman said:
Could of air locked it, worth cracking the injector pipes while someone turns it over.
Yeah I was thinking that but I didn't have any tools available as I had taken them out that morning....typical!

Its in the hands of my mechanic at the moment as I have a busy enough weekend as it is without having to sort this too.

The mechanic and I were just about to do the easystart method when the batteries went flat. Its in the yard on charge tonight to be tested tomorrow.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Do you still have an IP Karl? I may need it urgently if it turns out to be the problem. :roll:

Righty then...Panic over. :dance:

I got the truck back last Wednesday but been flat out working and then was poorly for a few days so not had chance to get back on here for an update. It turns out that it was a break in the wiring that goes down to the IP and it was shorting out and it kept blowing ignition fuses. The vibration of the engine under load was enough to finally snap the wire altogether. I'm glad it happened now and not in May when I'm on my holidays.

Once the issue had been fixed the garage owner ran it for a few days and then I got to run it for a few days and it hasn't missed a beat.

Although the batteries are well past it and one is totally duff and keeps dragging the other one down. I have a couple of 100Ah deep cycle quad terminal enduroline batteries arriving tomorrow so should back to its normal self again very soon. :D :thumbup:

Back