Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Iwan's lc5

Hey CG, you're not knocking the great 120's are you ? Lol !

Iwan, what an ebay t-wat, listing parts that include a key, then can't find it, and lose a sale.
If you buy the other 120, sell unwanted parts to help compensate for the time and effort spent, or put the lc5 on the back burner and get the 70 sorted out - spannering easier than electrickery !

Sounds a much more pleasurable experience Iwan.:thumbup:

Thanks man! I had started a mission on this back in May this year....

DSCF0181.JPG

2 x replacement 1/4 panels fitted...
DSCF0179.JPG

It's a super sweet looking 71..

DSCF0180.JPG

I got this far and then had an accident at work and broke my knuckle and it's sat here since.... looking at small filler work to finish the 1/4's a patch on the rear door base, paint and then a couple of good coatings of lanoguard before dropping on the chassis which doesn't require too much attention.. :smiley: :thumbup:
Hey CG, you're not knocking the great 120's are you ? Lol !

Iwan, what an ebay t-wat, listing parts that include a key, then can't find it, and lose a sale.
If you buy the other 120, sell unwanted parts to help compensate for the time and effort spent, or put the lc5 on the back burner and get the 70 sorted out - spannering easier than electrickery !
It's a shame but will not be leaving the lc5 to goto waste... a bit of time has passed since taking the dash out so it may be handy to buy a donor truck to get it fresh in the mind where each part goes!!! I was hoping to find a lc4 but with the black or grey interior but the 2006 has a light interior... Indeed to sell some parts to recoup some of the expenditure.
Always the case you see parts before you know you need them! Over time if going the parts purchase route surely they will appear.. The preferred parts buying would be to have the ability to remove the parts myself.. i.e. the whole interior, wiring loom and the under bonnet fusebox loom, prob very expensive from a breaker that lot. then swap over into this one..

The last time I connected it up the dash lights were acting oddly and the fuel gauge wasn't registering, odd behavior but possible that there's a miss connection somewhere!:think::thumbup:

Hi Iwan sorry to hear about your hand the 70 is coming on well hope you r well good look with it all. All the best Tony

Hiya Tony... Thanks for the message! Ref the broken knuckle is not recommended..

It's been a very slow recovery so far and if it's not bandaged together it feels vulnerable to work with it.. :anguished:

Well about to hit the trigger on a replacement ecu with the correct code on it....

There is a peril in my thought's that there is a unfound problem within the truck and the new ecu will come back with the same outcome...

So will sync the system via the obd2 port and " see if it will start this time!"

From the last work of checking the immobiliser wiring I never got to check the driver's door switch that has a direct wiring connection to the immobiliser.

So first port of call will be to remove the drivers door card and check the wiring to (referring to my notes) T9 pin 4 apparently it's a red yellow wire which runs to the driver's door switch! LOL :think: :laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back