Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

JDM numberplate holder

I know ;)

We were talking about your rear bumper yesterday - I'm trying to decide what to do with mine. I fitted a new rear drop tailgate yesterday and took off all the bumper brackets, ally plate etc, fitted the new seats and carpet and have the new door cards ready to go so it's getting there. Just don't want to put on rear bumper quarters, but equally don't want a very heavy rear bumper

I was pleased with how mine turned out Mike both in appearance & performance. I think that it could be modified so as not to need the rear cross member removing/chassis rails trimming which would look quite neat too but I like the 'tucked up' look :cool:

Yeah It's VERY neat and the fabrication looks excellent. I'd have that all day long with a bit more overhang at the back than yours

How would you see it fitting Mike? Presumably without any cutting & carving to the rear cross member & my interpretation is that you wouldn't want it wrapping around the body like the existing one but tucked in like mine...

Could work out quite neat :cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, like yours but not quite as tucked in. Am in two minds about cutting off the crossmember but i wouldnt want it to come out much further than that - just need a flat bit to mount the spindle for a wheel carrier. I don't want it to wrap around the sides though, not bothered about that, and it needs to have a couple of recovery points like yours. In other words, pretty much like yours , but coming out slightly further than the lights/tailgate line

Sounds like you will need to move that cross member. It provides a useful support for the bumper once its repositioned anyway :cool:

I'd slightly modify the means of attaching to the real chassis rails - I still mean to do so for mine TBH :oops:

Without opening a can of worms, I want to put some more plates in there to support a towing ball at 'normal' heights :whistle:

I thought about just mounting it to the cross member and rails. I'm not that concerned about departure angle etc. In other words, kind of "boxing in" the crossmember.

On your front winch bumper jobbie, can you see the rope going onto the drum as it comes in? I like that set up too, would just extend it a little at the sides and up a bit. I have a TDS 9.5 on the defender which I'll be taking off and using.

I should probably take a few photos of mine really. Now the new (to me :lol: ) wing is on and the tailgate, the new seats and carpet etc, it's looking much better. Once it's painted and the axle and BEBs done that's pretty much it. Oh, snorkel too.

i don't think the parts are too bad new. i bought a new top bit, that holds the lights from ian rubie and it was £15. not sure about the main plastic bit, easiest way might be to just ask ian. the lights are the same as those under the tailgate, they just swap across.

Oh I'm very bling bling in my designs Mike - s'gotta be just so y'know!!! :lol:

Boxing the x-member would work out fine; tucking the ends into the body like mine might be at a steeper angle than I would want but thats why I did mine the way I did. I'm sure it would work fine :cool:

The winch thong?? Yup, you can see right up it at the winch rope!! Its not finished either :oops: I plan for some tubes to come out sideways to get to the wheels but I haven't quite gotten to it yet... Can't quite decide if I want to change it around again for sommat else completely!!!

Back