Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jerry Can Holder

rob rule

lLjvfzT8vdt0MBwNo-CA-UzXHar6NBoW6g8R6p_LS8MgZaiQJuvZFlAePFvZJglGrfl0fDr0J3G9srvz1_1KhnHS=s657-no.jpg

lSubkFRTiw3-v2yDMx8V7345yGnYdZKiktc-NsZegFeZL7mNGK0uENzsu1WEILvvYPkMothFIQnnt4SvJXl9TY_R=s657-no.jpg

Extremely dangerous if it’s holding petrol, and illegal in lots of countries.

Anyone seen any well made and fair-priced double Jerry holders for the roof rack?
Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
frontrunner ones any good ?

Ive got a frontrunner double can holder. Its ok, but I wouldn't buy the double again I'd get two singles. Trouble with the double one is to gt one can out you need to undo the securing mechanism for both cans. You can't just release one at a time

one of the reasons I chose the Hannibal version is that the holder had better security as in when the holder is closed and locked the cans cant be opened without the holder being unfastened and it can be padlocked.
At the end of the day no security is fool proof but some deterrent is better than none.

If I remember correctly, in the UK diesel can be carried externally in a any approved container, no capacity limit.
Petrol however must be carried internally and may not exceed 5lt in an approved container.
The only exception to my understanding is if you need to carry more for your business/job, ie garden services.

South Africa back in the day had similar limitations however it was more of the wild west and no one really gave a s**t unless you killed someone.

Seen lots of jerries out in the US, would think they are all gas (petrol..)

one of the reasons I chose the Hannibal version is that the holder had better security as in when the holder is closed and locked the cans cant be opened without the holder being unfastened and it can be padlocked.
At the end of the day no security is fool proof but some deterrent is better than none.
Julian the FRunner ones also look a bit weak for holding 20litres/20 kg. I was especially concerned about the single bar across the top and whether jerries could be shaken out. Have they held up ok? Thanks

If I remember correctly, in the UK diesel can be carried externally in a any approved container, no capacity limit.
Petrol however must be carried internally and may not exceed 5lt in an approved container.
The only exception to my understanding is if you need to carry more for your business/job, ie garden services.

South Africa back in the day had similar limitations however it was more of the wild west and no one really gave a s**t unless you killed someone.
10 Lites I believe for diesel, and in an approved container. If it’s not 10 it’s 20 but there is a limit. It may even be 10L in a plastic can and 20 in metal as there are different amounts for petrol (5 and 10 respectively). There are also limits on how much petrol you can store at home, 30l.

Last edited:
This Eezi-Awn one has been on my watch list for a long time. He’s got two of them but probably a bit optimistic with his pricing.

J100 thanks for this. These look much more robust. Just need to find a better price

Back