Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

JetA1 Fuel in LC 80 1HDT

Not much point over here as it's more expensive than derv and needs a pump lube additive anyway.

we are running 50:50 JetA1 to pump diesel with no problems in our hardtop (and diesel generator, and kubota tractor used as aircraft tug) :thumbup: . wouldn't recommend going all JetA1 though.

Regards
Mark

Yep, but JetA1 has a lower calorific value than diesel by a factor of about 15% in real use (ie less range from tank). It is a dry fuel though, so about 4l of cheapest mineral two stroke oil per 200l of JetA1 for lubrication of the injector pump. I have run an 80-90% JetA1 mix before, but usually use about 20% in tank. Common rail diesels don't seem to like it, and may not be good for them, but my 1KZTE has no problem with it. You can also pretty much guarantee it is unadulterated by any other cr@p that some vendors bulk up their diesel with.

Jet A and Jet A1 are kerosene type jet fuels and the most common fuels used in commercial jet engines.

Diesel 44,800
Ethane 51,900
Ethanol 29,700
Ether 43,000
Gasoline 47,300
Glycerin 19,000
Hydrogen 141,790
Kerosene 46,200

I understood that Kero had a higher (Gross Calorific Value - GCV)

Values for common fuels

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
[/quote]
I understood that Kero had a higher (Gross Calorific Value - GCV)

Values for common fuels

Gra.[/quote

Perhaps kero does. I can only relate my experience in actual use over a test run of 12000km. Have no idea what effect the 2stroke oil has on the burning, but whilst turbine FCU's are happy on straight Avtur, diesel IP's ain't!
As they say: YMMV! :cool:

that is why I didn't recommend running on any less than 50/50. JetA1 doesn't have such good lubricating properties as diesel, you could run it straight but your fuel pump would wear real quick.

Back