Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Joined the 80 series owners 'club'......

Roughshooter

Country Flag
england
Dear forum,

I'm Craig and I'm a British expat living in the eastern Austrian Alps.

Early this year I found myself in the position to aquire an 80 series. So now the fun starts....already done some fixing up of small parts on the car, which appears basically sound. It's an Ex Yugoslavian United Nations HZJ 80 in Toyota 045 white (which is actually cream really) with a few modifications. Swing out spare wheel , steel bumpers front and rear, snorkel and OME suspension. Its running 'Pizza cutters' 235/85/R16's but they seem fine off road so far.

I have a very basic mechanical knowledge and I service my 50 year old BMW flat twin motorcycle so I hope I'll learn to get at least a little proficient to carry out basic works on an 80 series. Anyway here is a photo and I'll start the stupid questions in the appropriate sections, one things for sure.....I love the engine it's so tractor like.

Regards Craig.

Attachments

• IMG_5036mk3.jpg
    IMG_5036mk3.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 29
Nice one. I used to live around soll in tirol. Welcome aboard and please ask questions

Looks a good buy and almost certainly well maintained being ex UN. I notice it's also without the add on plastic arch flares, a spec favoured by off roaders as they're so easily damaged.:thumbup:

Back