Australia.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 301
Drove Melbourne to Sydney today, yep, nice drive :thumbup:

Area - Australia: 2.9M sqr miles European Union: 1.7M sqr miles

Population - Aus: 22M EU: 500M

Its beginning to feel a little crowded over here

Paul said:
Drove Melbourne to Sydney today, yep, nice drive :thumbup:

hope you are enjoying. The coastal route bt Sydneya dn Melbourne is great, but then so is the inland route ...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
SpinDrift said:
Area - Australia: 2.9M sqr miles European Union: 1.7M sqr miles
Population - Aus: 22M EU: 500M
Its beginning to feel a little crowded over here
I remember sitting on a beach about 5 miles long at a place called Woodgate, a bit south of Fraser Island with only me mate Bill, a bucket of prawns, a few stubbies and two pelicans for company, got to feel a bit claustrophobic.
Can't find the pic of the pelicans.

No comments about the shirt please, it was back in the early nineties :oops: still got the rabbit fur hat somewhere though :think:

Attachments

• Stubbies.jpg
    Stubbies.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 275
Yep,

Aus. is big, that's for sure.
7,7 million km sq.
China is just a bit bigger at 9,6 million km sq.
Little more crowded though, that's for sure !

Aus = 22 million
China 140 million

Gra.

Think you are missing a zero there Gra.

I see on the map tho', that Australia isn't big enough to fit Norway. Must be bl00dy huge :D

Looking at those maps and the UK population of 62 million vs Oz 22 million, now i know why the roads are so gridlocked here :doh:

Eh?

Missing a zero ?
This is easier then, :lol:
1,4 billion

Gra.

I drove from Adelaide to Fitzroy Crossing (Near Broome top left) a few months ago. It's a big place right enough, I used to think Manchester to Folkestone was a long drive.

One of the reasons i took this job, i love long drives, even in a holden commodore.

Troopy or 105 soon though :cool:

Paul said:
One of the reasons i took this job, i love long drives, even in a holden commodore.

Troopy or 105 soon though :cool:
I drove a Holden Commodore from Goodwood in Queensland to Lightning Ridge in New South Wales, about 800km when I was in Oz, the people I was staying with had a hobby mine at the Ridge.
I was amazed at the different types of countryside we drove through, from sugar cane fields in Queensland to what was like the surface of the moon at Lightning Ridge where miners had drilled holes looking for opals and all sorts in between, from tarmac to tracks with one central lane and dirt side lanes, where if a road train came at you you pulled onto out of their way because they don't stop :shock: to sandy tracks
I went digging for opals myself, never found any though :thumbdown:

About 10 years ago I was in Perth and was heading to Melbourne. I decided to take the coach across the Nullarbor, it took approx 48 hrs with a few stops thrown in. It was an experience never to be repeated well not in a coach anyway.

Another time about 8 years ago I did Melbourne to Sidney coastal then the way back we went inland and stopped at Threadbo a ski resort out of season.

When(if) I win the lottery a serious overlander will be on the cards.

Phil

Back