Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Key reprogramming

I have had the A, B pillar and rear panel trims all off to install various wiring except RNS.

Yes uk spec. 2001.

no I don’t have the ultrasonics in the roof control.

the only thing I can find is a small black plastic circle in front of the steering wheel near the glass of the window
Have you tried locking the car with remote wait for a minute then then unlock with the key in the lock?

Have you pressed both buttons and once and held them in for 2 seconds? I didn't see that mentioned anywhere in the thread. Sometimes the pairing gets lost. Not the coding, the pairing. A bit like your phone and a Bluetooth speaker. On the TVSS system, holding both buttons used to get them talking again.

Locked with fob. Lights flash.

Open door with key (central locking unlocks all doors) open door. No alarm.

@Chris, fobs all working now. Just trying to find out if I have an alarm system.

Locked with fob. Lights flash.

Open door with key (central locking unlocks all doors) open door. No alarm.

@Chris, fobs all working now. Just trying to find out if I have an alarm system.
I think we have tried most everything now, it looks like either there was never an alarm fitted, as what I can gather from the interweb, alarms were fitted in the UK by Toyota UK not in the factory in Japan, or someone has disconnected your alam because it became a nuisance by sounding for no reason, there a few threads on ih8mud about how some in the US have removed their alarms from 2001 LC 100's.

The only other thing I can suggest is to either find the alarm module or to not find the module to prove either way.

Good Luck, let us know if there are any developments.

Back