Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ 78 Flashing O/D Light and Loosing Power

Davis Kyara

Country Flag
tanzania
Hi there I have a 1995 Land Cruiser Prado which was working and accelerating perfectly but recently it has lost power and does not accelerate in the normal way. I may press on the pedal to the end but the vehicle does not behave as it used to. I have changed the gear box oil and I am using the recommended oil but it seems like it has not helped anything. I am now even worried of overtaking because it does not pick up the speed as how it used to. The engine is fine 100% and i think the problem with the vehicle is with the transmission. Please advise on the possible faults which the vehicle might have so that when I go to the mechanic I may have a clear understanding of what is going on.

Thanks in advance.

Help us out with a little more info here. This could be something to do with the fuel system and not the transmission at all. Or it could be the turbo. Is your engine a 1KZ-T or 1KZ-TE ? If it has the earlier mechanical fuel pump things are a lot simpler, there are no electronic sensors to fail.

Help us out with a little more info here. This could be something to do with the fuel system and not the transmission at all. Or it could be the turbo. Is your engine a 1KZ-T or 1KZ-TE ? If it has the earlier mechanical fuel pump things are a lot simpler, there are no electronic sensors to fail.
Thanks for the response, it was a fuel pump. I had it replaced and the Landcruiser has power like never before

Back