Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ70 For Sale

ModelMakerMan

Country Flag
england
Yup the sad time has come for me to part ways with my beloved Land Cruiser. :icon-cry:

I absolutely love this truck and will be very sorry to see it go but the sad truth is I just dont use it anymore. Having recently bought a house and got into kayaking my time and money is getting spent elsewhere and the Cruser isnt getting the time it deserves. As youll see below (and if you ask anyone who knows me and/or has seen the truck) Im very meticulous about maintenance and modifications and have always spent the time and money required to do the job right and get the best result.

I firmly believe this is one of the best mechanical examples of a KJZ70 in the UK. Engine starts first time every time and runs nicely. On road it drives beautifully and has a surprising amount of power for a truck this size. The suspension setup has been chosen specifically to increase articulation and performance off road whilst not having an adverse effect on on road handling; The adjustable shocks mean there is little body roll on road when stiffened up but when set softer the articulation off road is impressive. This truck has always surprised me with its capabilities off road, often going places where other vehicles have struggled with ease.

Bad bits:
There are a few bits of rust on the bodywork (see pictures) but considering its a 20 year old truck it is by no means bad, Ive seen younger models a lot worse and it would be a couple of hours work for anyone who knows their way round a welder.
The moon roof is cracked, it doesnt leak and I have a replacement but due to all the recent rain Ive not had time to fit it. Ill try to get it fitted but if not I will supply it with the truck.
NATO hitch NOT included in the sale, I will supply the original drop ball hitch though.
Could do with castor correction bushes fitting as steering centring isnt as good as it could be due to suspension lift and bearing eliminators, Ive been driving it as is for a while now with no problems but castor correction would improve handling. I just havent got round to doing it.

I have a whole load of bits and spares which will be included in the sale. Id love to see this truck go to a club member to keep the project going. :)

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser Short Wheel Base KZJ70
Rare3.0litre Turbo Diesel
Excellent Mechanical condition

Recent service Includes:
New Injectors, New Glowplugs, Fuel pump serviced, Timing belt replaced, Power steering pump rebuilt and fluid replaced, brakes rebuilt and full fluid bleed and replacement, Front axle rebuilt with all new bearings and seals, Engine oil and oil filter, Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Gear, Transfer and Diff oils replaced.

Modifications and Upgrades include:
285/75R16 Cooper DiscovererSTT Tyres on 16 Modular steel wheels
+2” Ironman Springs
Rancho Adjustable shocks
Full Turbo back custom Stainless steel exhaust system
Detroit Truetrac HelicalGear Limited Slip Rear Differential
Trail Gear Trunion Bearing Eliminators (Stronger greasable pins instead of swivel bearings)
Custom Raised AirIntake/Snorkel
Extended Axle Breathers
Custom Steering Guard
Custom Fuel Tank Guard
LED Amber concealed strobes
Uprated high outputalternator
13pin Euro Towing Socket
Electric Radiator Fan
CB Radio
Roof Bars
Bluetooth stereo with built in hands free

£5000ono
Call David 07740342073
PB027716_zps6c6ef844.jpg
PB027701_zps98cbb7cb.jpg
PB027702_zpsff5cf158.jpg
PB027703_zpsdef67f8e.jpg
PB027704_zps606360d2.jpg
PB027706_zpsb08c0c25.jpg
PB027708_zps812a0ce2.jpg
PB027709_zpse594697c.jpg
PB027710_zpse881f23a.jpg
PB027711_zps3eed8fc8.jpg
PB027712_zps674afbb5.jpg
PB027713_zpsb67bfd70.jpg
PB027714_zps7510d7a5.jpg
PB027715_zps6c71a345.jpg

Those have got to be the cleanest front swivels Ive ever seen. You could eat off them.

Sorry to see it going, hope it goes to a good home, someone will be getting a lot of truck.

Pete

Thanks wobbly, I hope it goes to a good home too.

Im impressed too at how well the swivel re-build went, its super smooth and clean. :)

Hadn't seen this thread so was a little surprised when I saw your 70 in the tor classifieds. Sorry to see it going, sounds like similar reasons for why I had to sell Rex. Hope you get a good price mate.

Cheers Jim,

Yeah pretty similar reasons though not getting married or having a baby (that I know of!? :lol:). Ill miss it when its gone.

Glad to hear it in the TOR classifieds, I no longer subscribe so havent seen the ad.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back