Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

KZJ70 Gearbox Trouble

OldyTheMule

Hi, I'm having problems with my KZJ70 (R150F) gear box. 3rd and 4th gear are very hard to select and the gear rails/forks for 3/4th gear are suspect.

Is anyone breaking a KZJ70? or does anyone have a spare KZJ70 3.0TD gearbox kicking about? Or should I try and repair?

Last edited:
The g/lever pivots on a nylon bush which is positioned at the bottom of the g/lever housing. This bush can break up and give the symptoms you have. The dealer will try and sell you a complete housing, about £40 but they are listed for other models for about £5.

Roger

Hi an update. Purchased the Pivot Seat (T33505-35020) & Bush, Shift Lvr (T33548-31010) parts cost £15.86 from MR T and when I removed the gear stick everthing was disintegrated in pieces just like your previous post. Installed new pivot seat (fished all the old pieces out) & lever bush (only as a precaution). lever bush was in good condition.

The seat was in a million pieces and when I pulled it out some pieces fell in the gear box but I modified a straw on the end of a dyson to retrieve the pieces!

Re-Assembled and now have a silky smooth gear box! Must be the cheapest gearbox repair ever. I wonder just how many garages would have pulled the gearbox out straight away.

Thanks for everyones help

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mine is showing early signs of this so will order the parts and get it done!

Excellent post btw :clap:

Back