Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land cruiser 100 problem Help needed

gazed

Country Flag
australia
Hi All
My misses was doing a few connection checks on her land cruiser and she accidentally shorted the alternator connection with a spanner opps, cruiser will start. but now she has No lights ,No indicators, no dash lights what so ever, not even warning lights
checked the battery volts when engine is running, and dose not seem to be charging, volts go down until we turn engine off. checked fuses all seem fine, any ideas to try solve problem Thanks

Hi All
My misses was doing a few connection checks on her land cruiser and she accidentally shorted the alternator connection with a spanner opps, cruiser will start. but now she has No lights ,No indicators, no dash lights what so ever, not even warning lights
checked the battery volts when engine is running, and dose not seem to be charging, volts go down until we turn engine off. checked fuses all seem fine, any ideas to try solve problem Thanks
Hi im not an 100 series owner but have you checked the main alternator fuse.. the big one 60/80 amp one I think..

As H has said, check fuses. Sounds like more than just the alternator fuse due to the other items but that’s the place to start. May have taken some smaller ones out too.

Afaik the 100 has only a fusable link of 140 A attached to the battery terminal for the Alternator. (It's that slim, black box hanging down from the battery pole.
There is a possibility that the regulator is blown as well, depending on what happened. Hopefully only the link has melted.
In order to give accurate information, it's crucial to know which cruiser you have, as there are at least 20 variations in the power distribution alone, for the 100 series.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Afaik the 100 has only a fusable link of 140 A attached to the battery terminal for the Alternator. (It's that slim, black box hanging down from the battery pole.
There is a possibility that the regulator is blown as well, depending on what happened. Hopefully only the link has melted.
In order to give accurate information, it's crucial to know which cruiser you have, as there are at least 20 variations in the power distribution alone, for the 100 series.
Thanks it was the 140A

Back