Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser Colorado GX Manual D4-D For Sale

I don't know. Maybe I am confused about something.

On today's circumstances, this motor is a steal.

Nearly new fiestas are 13k+ - there are almost no new cars coming in, and dealers are struggling to shift the stock they have already. A new order for a LC150 has a 18+ month wait.

The only reason someone's not picked this up already at this price is because you are not putting it in from of the wider audience.

Yes diesel price is concerning. Lez and ulez and euro4+ are a considerable pain in the ass. But so is reliability, space, ability and comfort. This feels like a looked after vehicle that would do another 10years.
Maybe I should wait another four years and sell it off to the USA? They go crazy for diesel and manual Toyota 4X4's???

What makes me laugh is how much would a Defender 110 be worth same age same condition that doesn't have locking centre and rear diff's. Same age Discovery's are about £2000.

The only reason someone's not picked this up already at this price is because you are not putting it in from of the wider audience.

I'd say Ebay was a pretty wide platform.
If its that good I'd be inclined to see the practicalities of putting it in storage for a while. It may increase in value to offset the cost of storage and you'll be glad to have it then. You'd get storage for £20/ week if that sounds feasible.

The car market doesn't seem to make much sense sometimes, the point re Defender prices and Disco prices being a classic example of two vehicles with very similar underpinnings... one is now trendy and has a cult following, the other does not... and this is reflected in the prices.

Unfortunately I think Collies are in the similar under-appreciated bracket as the Disco, hence don't carry the same market value as an 80... at least at the moment.

I'm a big fan of the 90 series but i just searched gumtree for a 4x4 setting the price range between 6500 - 7500 .

Two minutes turned up a newer range rover and Audi Q5 with less mileage, both of which i'd prefer over a 120 :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No need because i'd have a 90 series before any of the above .

Which is my point really even i while being clued in and a fan of the 90 series would have to look at alternative options in that price bracket .

My preference for older simpler would likely then have me dismiss all the modern pretend 4x4's and start looking for an 80 series .

Value and worth are different things so i can see how the price is justified from a seller's point of view , but as a buyer who would likely be as keen as you might find i'd be thinking i could buy two lesser 90's for that .

Why would anyone think that way ?
Two lesser 90's and two loads of potential trouble over one decent one ?
I know which I would go for every time.

OK i will go with the flow and offer my 1kz swb 90 series with no rust issues and around 140k on the clock along with my 1kd swb 90 series with no rust issues and around 140k on the clock and my 24 valve 80 series with no rust issues and about 180k on the clock up for sale .

About 50 grand should grab you all three , though i have no idea where i might find a couple of cruisers to replace them with on that budget .

Could be mate, or is it that the government's attempt to obliterate diesels, is now hitting home to the sheep who would like to still buy diesel but are put off ?
Diesel has risen here again, while petrol has gone down.

Just going by how many cars seem to be hanging around for ages on auto trader etc, I guess not many people buying cars at the moment(?)

The current financial situation, fuel prices, emissions legislation and charging (i.e. ULEZ etc) are all slowly whittling away at demand for what are, let's be honest, old fashioned, thirsty and now getting fairly expensive to maintain at their age, trucks.

For the vast majority of people, a Kia Sportage, VW Tiguan, Honda CRV, Mazda CX-5 or many others, will fit the requirements, that 25 years ago would have been met by a 90 series.

Kia Sportage, VW Tiguan, Honda CRV, Mazda CX-5
I too saw this among the people around me here. Even an old Range rover is more desirable than the best LandCruiser of same age and mileage. A couple of months ago a friend of mine got a RR for 6500 2008 model with 145K. I tried to push Landcruiser but the perception of status and brand image weighs more than reliability.

Recently one guy asked me if I want to sell my 'Jeep' and he ll pay good money etc etc. I said no way as he called it a Jeep :). Most consumers don't need a 4x4 and dont know the difference between LandCruiser and Jeep or other similar-looking trucks. Something big with status and gadgets is in demand.

Nowadays I am driving through narrow roads in Hampshire so thought of selling Lexus and buying such Colorado which is perfect for those narrow rough roads but its impossible to convince Mrs so waiting for the right opportunity.

The 90 series is a very capable off road vehicle - its a 4x4 .

The others are 4WD which are great for the school run in winter .

The 90 is definitely a capable car, it should be able to do the school run. Just need to plan it well, and take rescue kit ( make sure you rehearse with the equipment ahead of time..) :)

Back