Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land cruiser vibrates when in idle.

tauqs77

Country Flag
united_arab_emirates
Hey guys,

I have a 200 series Land cruiser V8 and a couple of days ago i noticed that the when the car is in P or N (automatic) that the car vibrates when i rev it from 1500 RPM to about 2000 RPM.

Once i cross 2k rpm the vibration disappears.

does anyone have an idea as to what this could be.

Also the car was just serviced by the dealer and they didnt find anything rong (which i highly doubt since the dealers here are total nimrods).

Thanks

I just cleaned the throttle bodies on both my 1997 LX and 2007 LX. Both were vibrating and dropping idle when in drive or reverse with the brake on. The newer one had a dirtier throttle body, but it was a lot easier to clean.

Now they both run better and don't vibrate. They also don't drop to 600 rpm when sitting in drive or reverse...more like 750. Their park and neutral idle seems to be the same as before at about 800.

I saw a picture once showing that if you shine a flashlight in the throttle body,a little bit light should go through other side around the throttle (like a solar eclipse), which means when idling with the throttle closed, a little bit of air should be coming through. So, it makes sense that if it's dirty at idle, less air is coming through than should be, and therefore, the idle drops below the ideal level and things start vibrating.

This is my take at least. I guarantee, if I had taken this to Lexus, they would have started looking for things that were vibrating and still not fixed it after charging me a lot. I am convinced the things that were vibrating were just symptoms of the problem and that the dirty throttle bodies were the issue.

Hey guys,

I have a 200 series Land cruiser V8 and a couple of days ago i noticed that the when the car is in P or N (automatic) that the car vibrates when i rev it from 1500 RPM to about 2000 RPM.

Once i cross 2k rpm the vibration disappears.

does anyone have an idea as to what this could be.

Also the car was just serviced by the dealer and they didnt find anything rong (which i highly doubt since the dealers here are total nimrods).

Thanks

what mileage has your LC done?

Diesel v8 or gas v8? stick or auto? what service have you had from the dealer? any change of parts? or just oil change?

Most likely bad spark plug if gasoline. diesels shadder when cold started or stuffed fuel filter starving the engine... throttle body is the second thing to check after the fuel filter and or spark plug and wiring. also TLC regardless of powerplant tends to shudder on idle if the steering pump belt fails.

Oh and this is my firsst post in this forum

Gantulga

Back