Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser 80 Autana 2002 immobilizer issue

Qua-patet-orbis

Hi guys,

I recently bought a LC80 series Autana from the year 2002. This car is assembled in Venezuela and only has one ODB1 port in the enginebay.

The previous owner lost his keys and went to a locksmith to get a new key. They've cut a key but they couldn't make a new chip. The car did start but after a few seconds it stopped. I took the immobilizer out and send it to a guy who made a new key (with chip) and programmed the immobilizer. After re-installing the immobilizer the problem stayed the same. Powerfull start but after a few seconds the engine stops.

I took the ecu out and checked the pins but everythings looked fine. The partno. of the ecu is 89661-60271. I've checked the wiring and all the fuses but everything looks good.

The car has no original alarm. There was a cheap aftermarket alarm installed that was missing parts. I took it out. I've got an Yaris without alarm but when I remove the key an alarmlight starts flashing. My 80 doesn't have this light.

I've run a diagnostic test (paperclip) and i'm getting a 99 code. This has something to do with the immobilizer. The O/D OFF light is also blinking rapidly.

It looks like I only have a few options left.

1. Send the immobilizer to someone else, maybe it wasn't programmed properly. On the other hand, shouldn't the immobilizer and the ecu be programmed together?

2. Buy another ECU with the same partno. Let's say my ECU is broken, will another ECU do the job or needs this ECU additional programming to pair up with the immobilizer?

3. Buy a new immobilizer. I can get one including a new key, barrel and lockset @ Toyota. Is this new key factory paired with the new immobilizer and "ready to go"?

I hope somebody can help out. I live on an island and there are no parts available. The Toyota dealer does not have parts for this car (or any car it seems like). There are a few 80's driving around but these are the VX series (also from Venezuela) but they all have carburators and don't use immobilizers.

Thanks for reading

Back