Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC made it to Bhutan, photos

Bhutan

Country Flag
bhutan
After several weeks in a container she finally made it to Bhutan...!

Suddards, Toyota Shipping Damage 2.jpg

...albeit slightly damaged, notice the loose ratchet strap in the above photo

Suddards, Toyota Shipping Damage 4.jpg

These photos were taken at Paro...

by the Dzong

Paro Dzong.jpg

by the airport - google flying into Bhutan, there are some great videos on youtube!

Paro Airport 1.jpg

on the road above the airport, with the Dzong (fortress,) Paro Museum and a Lhakang (monastery) on the ridgeline above the Dzong

Paro Airport 2.jpg

one of the local trucks that are supposed to stick to a 30 kmph speed limit, yeah right...!

Paro Truck.jpg

at the entrance to Paro by the Choten, whose base is surrounded by prayer wheels

Paro Choten.jpg

by a local house

Paro House.jpg

by some local 'weeds' that grow wild here, some of you might recognise them...

Paro Plants.jpg

I'll post some more as time goes on. Tashi Delek!

Hi Bhutan, shame about the damage, but it does look very limited.

A fine looking cruiser there!

Are you on tour or are you working there?

Certainly an interesting place and looking forward to the photo follow-ups.

No, I don't recognize that plant at all mind you.... :eusa-liar:

Hi Bhutan, shame about the damage, but it does look very limited.

A fine looking cruiser there!

Are you on tour or are you working there?

Certainly an interesting place and looking forward to the photo follow-ups.

No, I don't recognize that plant at all mind you.... :eusa-liar:

Hi Clive

I am working in Bhutan, and have been here since December. I've a two year contract, but they'd like to me extend for a further 5 years at least.

The intention is to drive the 120 back to the UK when I'm done here. I haven't decided whether to go east or west yet, it will all depend on political situations nearer the time. Either way, literally, it'll be a great journey!

Nik

Hi Clive

I am working in Bhutan, and have been here since December. I've a two year contract, but they'd like to me extend for a further 5 years at least.

The intention is to drive the 120 back to the UK when I'm done here. I haven't decided whether to go east or west yet, it will all depend on political situations nearer the time. Either way, literally, it'll be a great journey!

Nik

The drive home sounds cool, Chna vs Russia I suppose? :icon-cool:

Back in 2006, before knowing what a land cruiser was, I was in Qatar with a 2004 Pajero in brand new condition, cost me €14k.

For that price I'd get nothing like it here, so we planned an overland back to Romania in it. Of course, it was a coin toss to via Iraq or Syria. Neither appealed that much even then, so we sold it and came back without it.

Best thing to happen in the long run, I picked up my 1995 80 in August 2006, and it's been the love of my life ever since :lol:

Back